Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

vacuum hoses on dizzy

DvsDev
07-03-2007, 01:22 AM
I've got a b2200 with a b2000 motor and I'm having a problem with what feels like timing.

The motor is a bit of a Frankenstein mix, it has a 97 bottom end with a 94 top, (the guy I bought the Ute off told me it makes it stronger?), it seems to have a b2200 carb and dizzy which is where I think my problem is.
I have two hoses going to the dizzy and it all seems to be hooked up right but when I'm driving and I get to a hill it will start to slow down but if I take my foot off the gas a bit it will pick up again.
I've checked the timing and leads already and the hoses are all plugged in but is it possible they are backwards? (plugged into the wrong holes) would it hurt if I reversed them or is there any way of telling if they are plugged in right?
also on my carb there is a screw that looks like the mixture adjustment, it's right down on the bottom of the carb and is easily adjusted, it has a plastic cover that you turn it by and a pin stopping it turning too far, currently it's set to 9 o'clock does this seem right.

Add your comment to this topic!