Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My Grand Jeep Cherokee Makes loud noises when i turn

Jacobm91
06-30-2007, 09:19 PM
I have a 1995 Grand Jeep Cherokee Laredo, with four-wheel drive all the time. Not long ago my car tires started making a noise when i turn sharp like into a parking place. My car tires have been recently alligned so i'm not sure whats causing it. If anyone knows how to help me please reply.

kahjdh
07-01-2007, 01:09 PM
It can be the v/c in your trnsfer case going bad ($$$) or one of the c/v's in the front axle are going bad.

adgjqetuo
07-03-2007, 07:15 AM
Can you be more specific? What kind of sound is it? If the v/c was going bad (which is very common in the 249s) when you try and do figure 8's you'll experience "wheel-hop" which basically feels as if the front tires are being shoved under the body and "tripping" over themselves. If it's just a light clunk or squeal sound, it could be your trackbar or sway bars.

Mine was making "OINK" sounds when I turned left or right...I took apart my sway bar, lubricated the joints, re assembled it, and it hasn't made the sound since.

If your 249 v/c goes bad, it will cost a lot to repair...if thats the case, look into swapping the 249 for a 242, if you search google i'm sure you can find many write-ups on it as many people have done it before.

CRMTx Hatteras
07-09-2007, 06:00 PM
it could just be bad tires too.. don't cut that out.. maybe a broken radial or something..

Cam7
07-10-2007, 02:22 AM
One way to check to see if it is the VC is to remove your front drive shaft. If the problem goes away there it is.

legalfee
07-10-2007, 03:01 PM
Also if it's a grinding noise it could just need diferential fluid. SJ

Add your comment to this topic!