Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

need opion on 92 Bonneville

spenser
06-30-2007, 08:06 PM
I need some opinions. The girlfriend car finally died. She really doesn't have much money and refuse my help on purchasing a new vehicle. I found a 92 Bonne body is in great shape. It has a 3.8 liter engine. The current owner has done the following. spent $1000 replacing the front wheel bearings, tie rods, master cylinder, outer CV boots and brakes. He has the receipt for all this work. A/c doesn't work but I'm certified to work on that so no big deal there. Turn signal cam is bad won't shut off on left turn. Again no big deal there. I can replace that. Small rust through driver side rear quarter. Again i can fix that.

Here's the problem vehicle has 121,000 miles on it. I'm leary on that. I've owned GM's all my life and have been working on them since I could look over the fender. I had a Bravada that had 235,000 miles before it gave up the ghost. If you could get this car under $1,000.00 would you buy the car?

Thanks for your opinions

jdq
07-01-2007, 03:39 PM
Yes, I wouldnt worry about mileage too much these cars run a long time.Sounds like he had some good maintenace done.You seem to know a bit about cars, test drive it check under hood and if it is good under a thousand bucks is cheap if you get a couple yrs out of it.

92pontiacbonny
07-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Yah sounds like a great deal, and the Air Condition problem must be popular wth 92's cuz mine is out also.
watch for rust on the bottom skirts though, mine is almost completly rusted.

Add your comment to this topic!