Model shops in Paris, France?

tuningmaniacs
06-29-2007, 04:27 PM
Hi modelers,

I'm planning a short visit to Paris in August. The place were I live doesn't have a big choice of kits and material so I would like to take the chance and see some shop (in the center) of Paris. Any addresses? Maybe a shopping mall?
I need specially some Testors Acrylic paints that I can't find where I live.

Merci

manu80
07-02-2007, 03:06 AM
I don't think ou'll be able to find some testors paint in paris.however, 3 good shops :
Euro maquettes, close to gare de lyon http://www.euro-maquette.com/
Eol, rue du louvre in paris
BAM at chatelet les halles (more 1:43 and die cast)

tuningmaniacs
07-02-2007, 04:07 AM
I don't think ou'll be able to find some testors paint in paris.however, 3 good shops :
Euro maquettes, close to gare de lyon http://www.euro-maquette.com/
Eol, rue du louvre in paris
BAM at chatelet les halles (more 1:43 and die cast)

Hi Manu80,

Thank you very much, I'll check the shops you mentioned. Have already Google-earthed them to find them easier. ;)
Hope to find some Testors acrylic paint but if like you say not in Paris I can't understand why. Such a big capital and nothing?

Maybe Testors has a bad name in Europe? Maybe small company? :disappoin

Well thank you anyway and I'll try to post my findings in a couple of months.

Regards
Alex

MustangMuscle
07-02-2007, 08:45 AM
I live in France, and out there it's all Revell and Humbrol enamel tinlets. You can also find Tamiya paints, both acrylics and lacquer (at 7.50 euros a can!). Testors is still available in europe, but it is not likely you will find some as most shops have stopped carrying them because they cost more than Humbrol / revell tins. By the way, Italeri only provides the enamel and metalizer paints (and in 1/2Oz bottles only, no spray cans), not the acrylics.

gionc
07-02-2007, 04:33 PM
I remember a little model shop on Les Halles commercial centre (well I went almost 20 years ago... the times I back lately I haven't the chance to turn around w/out wife and family LOL) so I dunno know if is still there, BTW the place is in the town's center so I guess you'll pass near sometime: it was pretty well supplied: I bough there mine very firsts american's stuff, a Fank Iaconio's pro Stock Camaro, but they sold also regular european stuff. Just try.

klutz_100
07-03-2007, 03:55 AM
I was virtually living next door to a cute modeling store last year.

It was on the corner of Rue de Vintimille and either Rue de Douai or Rue de Calais.
It's right next to the Moulin Rouge, so it's worth going there anyway ;) Nearest Metro is Blanche and a 5 minute walk even if you stop for a croissant on the way :lol:

There were 2 parts to the shop: Automotive and railway. They had some cool supplies there IIRC but don't remember seeing 1/24.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=rue+de+vintimille,+paris&sll=48.88285,2.3304&sspn=0.003217,0.010042&ie=UTF8&ll=48.882554,2.329552&spn=0.003217,0.010042&z=17&om=1

Add your comment to this topic!