Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2005 Jetta 2.5 Lurches between 1st and second gear. Also sounds rough in the morning.

freeups
06-27-2007, 05:59 PM
Hi there,

I just wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone else is having the same problems with the Jetta that I am having.

1. When driving my car it lurches between 1st and 2nd gear. I mean it is not a lot but it is definitely noticable. Basically if I were on a test drive with the car and it lurched like it does now, I would not buy it.

2. It sounds really rough when starting from cold in the morning. Basically when it firsts starts it sounds rougher than my 96 Civic with nearly 177k on it. After the car is warm it is fine.

I have told the dealershiop about both problems, they even kept it overnight to start it cold in the morning. I have told them about the gear issue every oil change from at least 10k and it is now at 30k. They said that everything is fine and there are no recalls on the vehicle.

Anyone else have the same issues. THere is a VW dealership closer. WIll my warranty transfer to there. Should I contact the VW corporate office. It seems it is the VW technicians qualified opinion versus my occasional home oil changes opinion.

scance00
10-22-2009, 09:07 PM
I have a 05 jetta 2.5 and my car does the same thing. Do you have the tiptronic 6 speed transmission. Is the shift kind of jerky? I've read on some other boards that it is normal with that transmission. I know mine does. Also, the car is noisy at start up in the morning but goes away within 30 seconds or so.

hadesbui
12-03-2009, 09:53 AM
My Jetta got the same things with u guys. I think that's fine though. I usually drive S mode, very fun hahaha.

veedubmechanic
01-01-2010, 09:53 PM
If worse comes then replace the filter and gasket and add new fluid.

Add your comment to this topic!