Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 Alero window problems

merawoods
06-27-2007, 11:14 AM
I am having problems with my left passenger window. It will go down but will not go up. I can pull the window up by hand. The motor works and the cable works in both directions. The cable stays tight when moving. Has something come off the cable that pulls the window up?

please help

thanks

tbuckit1
07-03-2007, 06:43 AM
You are probably looking at putting in a new window regulator. Not brain surgery and available at your local parts store for around 100 bucks.

T

gse2schmidt
08-02-2007, 03:28 AM
got my regulator with motor for 35 bucks plus 15 for shipping on e-bay(doesn't the factory like to get like $300 for the pair?)

takes about a half hour to replace

rnj
08-09-2007, 11:26 PM
I had this happen to both my doors. I purchased the regulator clips from stealership, not cheap, $35 bucs apiece. It only took me about 40 mins total to replace. If you do take the door panel off. Look behind the red plastic reflector lens or whatever it is, but it is in the bottom corner of the panel. Pry it off, there should be a hidden screw in there. Learned that the hard way:banghead: . If you need the sach clips, you can still replace it, I had one break, and did replace it succesfully. But I just saw a pack of 4 at advanced auto in the help section for 7 or 8 bucs. I bought 1 at stealership for 10...again:banghead: .

Add your comment to this topic!