A/C Freeon leaks..

oscaryu1
06-27-2007, 09:49 AM
Dont even know if I spelled Freeon right...

91' Toyota with problems... Has been in 1 bad crash. Probably around 1 1/2 feet of the front part was crushed. We had all that repaired (amazingly) for cheap... and tried to get the AC back. It worked, but the Freeon kept on leaking... it had a new radiator too. Any suggestions?

Oh yes, one time we ran it til the Freeon was gone.. then it smelled like burnt stuff.. .but that was months ago. Any suggestions to the problem?

paramount
07-05-2007, 01:44 AM
Purchase low-side refrigerant gauge or filler(i think it is the toyota air filter recharge kits) from auto parts store or even online store. Read the low-side static pressure and running pressure. Static pressure should be 80-100, low side running should be about 35. If pressures are lower than that, fill the system according to the directions on the can. See if this system has a sight glass at the dryer. You can then run the system and see if there is fluid in the system. Did the dealer use a sniffer? If the system was empty after just one year, they should have put some AC dye in it along with the recharge. It is flat out the best way to find leaks. Those leak detecting sniffers are worthless in my opinion.

Good luck buddy!!! Try those things!!!:)

oscaryu1
07-30-2007, 09:02 AM
Oops sorry so long, yes if you pop the hood theres an label that said that some type of dye was put into the freeon so it could track the leak. Could you rephrase that so I can understand? Thanks :(

Add your comment to this topic!