Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

A/c And Window Just Quit On Me Today

TINA BERGHOLM
06-26-2007, 07:26 PM
I Was Driving And Everything Was Working Perfect. Turned Off The Car For 5 Minutes, And The A/c Or Heater Won't Turn On, And My Power Windows Won't Go Up Or Down. I Checked All Relays And Fuses And All Look Okay. My Abs Light In The Dash Lights Up Now When The Car Is Started, But Didn't Before This Happened. Any Ideas Would Be Great. It Is A 1995 Intrepid. Thank You, Tina

TINA BERGHOLM
06-26-2007, 10:40 PM
Just Wanted To Add A Correction, It Is The Air Bag Light That Is On When The Car Is Started Not The Abs. Thanks Again

TINA BERGHOLM
06-27-2007, 01:45 PM
I Also Figured Out Today That The Radiator Fans Are Not Working, I Just Can't Figure This Out, Please Let Me Know If You Have An Idea

cartrubl
07-27-2007, 07:57 PM
I just had the same thing happen, airbag light stays on, windows, fan will not work. Very hot here, do you know what is wrong?

kentucky_redneck
11-14-2007, 07:33 PM
Have you found what is wrong with your car? my car is doing the same thing, it is winter and i need the heater working. Thanks

dlchiles
03-25-2008, 08:35 PM
Exact same thing here, a/c not operating, no fan, no power to controls. ABS and air bag lights on. This is an automatic tempreture control system, not the manual. Anyone else?

tempfixit
03-26-2008, 10:39 AM
What year and engine,

Have you checked for any codes?

Could be wrong but I am thinking that you are not getting any bus between BCM and PCM,

Try the key dance or go to autozone for code checking. Post codes if any.

jpb53
03-26-2008, 02:51 PM
I went for a 95 check the ignition switch output in run position. Pin #7 Black wire with orange tracer. It should have battery voltage.

dlchiles
03-26-2008, 04:23 PM
Car is a 94 with the 3.5 cid. No codes have come up with the key dance. Have had one occasion where a bump in the road caused a power up in the windows and blower.

jpb53
03-26-2008, 09:54 PM
Thats because it is not that kind of a problem. Your affected circuits are fed from the ignition switch from the wire I told you. That part of the switch is supplied voltage from the J Fuse in the PDC a 40 amp fuse. PDC is Power DIstribution Center which is in the eng compartment. Power comes into the ign switch on a pink wire with a black tracer and exits the switch on the Black with orange traced wire from the ignition switch. Don't mess with codes that is not the problem. Basic; don't over think the problem.

Add your comment to this topic!