Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input

jasonb21
06-26-2007, 02:37 PM
i just left the ford dealership but can anytell me what this is and and how to fix it Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input

thanks

12Ounce
06-26-2007, 03:08 PM
Intake Air Temp (IAT) sensor mounted in the air intake system, usually in the bellows just after the air filter. Later models have the IAT sensor and the MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor mounted together as one plug-in unit.

jasonb21
06-26-2007, 03:10 PM
Intake Air Temp (IAT) sensor mounted in the air intake system, usually in the bellows just after the air filter. Later models have the IAT sensor and the MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor mounted together as one plug-in unit.

can i change this myself and is the high and low input the same thing i got both codes the first time then reset then only got the one.

12Ounce
06-26-2007, 03:55 PM
Its pretty easy to remove and replace. Make sure the harness wiring is in good shape ... not broken, skinned covering, etc.

Some folks have had good luck cleaning these sensors with printed circuit board cleaners ... might want to give it a try. It takes just a piece of dust to run these things crazy. Proper and frequent air filter maintenance is important for the protection of these sensors. Of course they just fail on their own sometimes, also.

RickMN
06-26-2007, 04:28 PM
The intake air temp sensor is indeed inside the MAF sensor. I recommend using CRC MAF sensor cleaner. Remove the MAF sensor from the ductwork and disconnect the wiring harness. Inside the opening you will see a small circular portion port. Spray that liberally with the cleaner. They recommend 15 sprays. Then allow it to dry before re-installing. Cleaning solves a lot of problems, especially if you drive around with a dirty air filter or have a reusable oiled cotton air filter. Fibers from those filters blow off and fry on the hot wire inside the MAF. Sometimes it coats the IAT thermistor and insulates it. If this doesn't solve your problem, there are some digital meter tests you should conduct before you condemn the $300 MAF sensor. Let us know how it turns out and we can walk you through the additional testing.

Add your comment to this topic!