Mirage swap

ZepHed
06-26-2007, 01:09 PM
i found a very cheap 95 mirage with a 1.8L engine, with manual transmission in the classifieds the other day which threw a rod. I thought to myself this a pretty good reason to do a 4g63 swap. But then i realized i didnt have a clue on how to go about it. Ive started looking around at used engines, and ive seen rebuilt mitsubishi 4g63 engines online for not a bad price. Im wandering what all do i have to do to swap them out, is it to much to ask to say it fits like a glove? or will i be tearing away sheetmetal to fit a square through a round hole?

thanks!

Acebankai
03-10-2009, 01:38 AM
well you say you got a 95 mirage. That means the 4g63t motor is going to come from a oldchool DSM [talon,eclipse,laser]... maybe a 90-95. since one of the motor mount don't line up you'll have to fabricate one. Then get an evo 3 tranny and drive train to convert to awd. get the wiring harness from the eclipse and then wire it al together. some good sites to look this up on is

www.dsmtuners.com
www.mirageforums.net
www.evolutionm.net

THeres many people who have done this swap befor and have a detailed list of the parts. just private message me and ill help you out some more. good luck though.

ps if you want to do a 97 mirage swap youll have to get the motor from like a evo 4-8. this'll cost more money then doing this swap.

Add your comment to this topic!