Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Big 16g oil return line

xavier3jr
06-26-2007, 10:34 AM
i can't find one ANYWHERE where do i get it.. i checked SBR but they only have the feed line can anyone help?

TalonEclipseMixGsx
06-26-2007, 03:59 PM
http://www.slowboyracing.com/estore/product.php?productid=109&cat=0&page=1 Not sure if thats the best price out there.

SilvrEclipse
06-26-2007, 05:31 PM
So Travis, what do you need an oil line for? Thinkin about going turbo?

xavier3jr
06-27-2007, 08:50 AM
no its for a friend he spun a rod bearin in his sphyder gs-t because of a bad oil return line he wouldnt lsiten so now were rebuilding his bottom end....hes a dumbass but thats besides the point :-P

Does a 14b oil return fit the 16g? i was under the impression they were diffrent duno tho thanks for the link i literaly looked for an hour and couldnt find it...lmao

SilvrEclipse
06-27-2007, 09:17 AM
I believe they are the same. So did the line break and leak all his oil out or something?

xavier3jr
06-28-2007, 01:28 PM
it had a leak very small beleave it or not and hte dumbass never checked his oil.... it went on for about 5 months he never changed ro checked his oil wouldnt listen to me and dogged the piss out of it every chance he got.

kjewer1
06-28-2007, 07:13 PM
I can confirm that a 1g return line will work with all popular mitsu center sections. The 2g line can work as well, but you need to modify the top two holes. The 2g line is actually a nice piece. These fail somewhat regularly, any mitsu dealer should stock them.

metalhedskater
07-02-2007, 11:10 AM
I can confirm that a 1g return line will work with all popular mitsu center sections. The 2g line can work as well, but you need to modify the top two holes. The 2g line is actually a nice piece. These fail somewhat regularly, any mitsu dealer should stock them.

Hey Kevin I just bought a 1g oil return line and when i tried to install it the line was too short. So is there any modifications i have to do?

Also, exactly what do you mean at modifying the two holes at the top? Make the holes bigger?

kjewer1
07-03-2007, 12:06 AM
To modify the 2g line, you need to make the holes closer together. I filed them out by hand way back in the day.

I vaguely remember the 1g line being about an eighth inch too short, IIRC I just used the bolts to pull it up and extend the bellows. I'm having a hard time remembering (getting old?), but it must work, because I've done it, and the old install kits used to come with 1g lines. Try the vfaq, there may be some useful info there in one of those turbo install vfaqs.

Add your comment to this topic!