1994 Buick Century no start

sthayer
06-26-2007, 01:56 AM
OK - our 1994 buick was running great, no problem, drove it approx 50 miles home, parked it (on a hill sloping to the passanger side) - went back about 30 mins later - it tunred over just fone - but would not start - almost acted like it might want to think about it - but never did, had a strong smell of gas, so assumed it must have flooded - it is now 6 hours later, towed it home, and still nothing.

Any cue as to what it might me - thinking poss. computer fried, or something with the timing - but don't have any clue as to where to start looking for a solution to this.

Any help soon would be greatly appreciated,

Scott

maxwedge
06-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Check fuel pressure and spark for the basic initial steps.

sthayer
06-26-2007, 09:58 PM
OK - so here is where we are at now - took off fuel filter, that was fine - but I also turned on key, and turned engine over with fuel filter off - no gas from fuel pump - so i a thnking it is the pump or the fuel pump relay. is my thinking right on this - and where is the relay - my book it pretty useless for that?

maxwedge
06-27-2007, 06:59 AM
In the under hood relay panel. If you hear the pump run on initial prime then there is no pressure, pump is bad, also check the fuses.

sthayer
06-27-2007, 09:10 AM
found relay, hear it click on when I turn n the key, iti s getting power, and power is one lead for a few seconds after I turn the key on, then it is gone - if i crnk, that same wire has power - assuming this is the power for the pump - so also assuming that relay is good, checked fuse, it is also good - which leads me to checking for power at the tank - if thier is power at the plug in the back - then I get syphon the 15 gallons of gas in tank and pull it out.

If no power in the back - have other issues someplace

sthayer
06-28-2007, 12:41 AM
got it fixed - spend all moring wrestling the gas tank out from under the car - got the fuel pump replaced, then spent most of the afternoon getting it back in - started right up - so problem solved - funny how it died all of a sudden - no warning's at all - just working, shut the car off, and it was dead.

Thanks for your help.

Add your comment to this topic!