Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

need info on my amp????

civic89dx
10-31-2002, 06:56 PM
i just bought 2 12" subs a sub box and an amp off my friend. the subs are kenwood and they are blue with a red M in the middle. the amp is a jensen A4320 100w X 4 and it is also blue in color. i've been tryin to get some info on the amp but i can't seem to find anything on it. i was just wondering if u guys knew anything about it? if it's any good? and also if that is enough to power the subs, i got the amp set on 200W X 2, but i guess that is max watts, so i'm not really sure what it sends out regularly.

thewoahna
10-31-2002, 11:58 PM
Well, from my past experience with Jensen amps, they really are pretty bad. The one you have is probably a 4x100 max, so the rated RMS is probably something like 4x50, but you are probably only getting 4x35 out of it just cuz its a Jensen amp. If you have it set for 2x200, you are probably getting something like 2x75 RMS. I guess if it sounds good on the subs, dont worry about it, but if you want a good amp that wont break the bank, look into a JBL BP Series amp.

dumpedhatch
11-01-2002, 02:38 PM
your first problem is the amp, it sucks. you need a bigger amp. from my experince stay away from jensen.

civic89dx
11-02-2002, 11:54 PM
thx, for the help and info, i might look into gettin another amp later on, but for now i'm gonna stick with it cause it sounds alright.

GSteg
11-03-2002, 12:33 AM
i'm sure sparq (jensen-praiser) will say the opposite. i have used them in the past and have gotten great results. the amp is only good as it's weakest point.

PaulD
11-03-2002, 04:35 PM
the only 2 problems with a name brand like jensen is that they overrate their power output and are not designed and constructed to last thru abuse like most of the more expensive name brands. If you factor in their low power and level the match the system correctly, they can sound just as good as most other amps to the limit of their output.

Add your comment to this topic!