Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

91 prelude

bigk4421
06-25-2007, 12:04 AM
i have a 91 Prelude with a 2.1 and PGM-FI i use it as a race car and after about 6-7 laps when i step on the throttle the car starts to bounce really bad it doesnt do this before that it runs perfect. one guy found a hole in a vacuumm line that runs into what he thought was the speed sensor and he said that was the problem. could that be it or is that just part of it? it seems kind of weird any ideas or help? thanks

g2driver
09-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Well if a vaccume line is leaking thats ur first thing to fix for sure. Usually it'd idle bad too. But id fix vaccum line first.

Matt

wiseguy01
09-23-2007, 11:03 AM
vacuum leaks will cause the car to malfunction but there are no vacuum lines going to the speed sensor its either cable or electrical

ianwright07
03-12-2008, 02:55 PM
if it was the vacum line it would do it all the time not after a few laps. unless it is for your evaporative emmisions canister and if its a race car thats just extra weight and wasted space take all that crap off and plug the vacum lines. if this is really just a race car there is little need for alot of little thigns i suggest losing. such as the fast idle solenoid and those blasted coolant lines that run thru the throttle body.

Add your comment to this topic!