Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New Ride

RHULLER
06-22-2007, 06:23 PM
Hey all I just took ownership of a 1994 Honda Civic Del Sol Si. Still trying to learn about these cars. I know the engine block says VTEC on it. There is no vtec light. A buddy of mine says that he isn't sure it there is vtec on the car because the last vtec car he rode in seemed like it had a small shot of nitrous when the vtec kicked in. Please help. Also am having a problem when it comes to the headlights, can't figure out how to change them. Any pointers?

AudioGuy93DelSol
06-22-2007, 06:41 PM
Ok, first, welcome to the sol club. Si's are VTEC but they are SOHC. The VTEC kick is really felt in the DOHC motors. No Honda has a VTEC light but you can put one in yourself. They headlight bulbs come out from behind the headlight housing.

RHULLER
06-22-2007, 06:51 PM
ok, if the lights come out without removing the housing itself. How do i get the headlightout around the brake tank and washer tank. Is there a secret that I need to know about? Thanks for the welcome.

AudioGuy93DelSol
06-22-2007, 06:55 PM
Finagle it. Or just loosen the reservoir and move it aside.

RHULLER
06-22-2007, 08:46 PM
Ok, thats awesome, will go try to make that happen. I need to get the headlight fixed because the light is out. Thanks for the info. How hard is a engine swap to a H22, my friend is telling me that its not that big of a deal. He is wanting me to swap the engines so we will have a Mustang Killer. hehe. Thanks in advance!

AudioGuy93DelSol
06-22-2007, 08:58 PM
Not hard. Check it (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=332296). My vote goes for a K20 swap though.

Add your comment to this topic!