Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Great News Tranny going I think..

garync1
06-22-2007, 03:51 PM
Yes today I was comming home and notice the winny was acting tired. Just did not have that getup and go that she once had.. Pulled in the drive way and notice it was dripping tranny fluid like no tomorrow. I pulled it on the ramps and notice its coming from the inspection plate area. Too hot to pull off right now but I may take a look later so I guess the 101,000 miles on original not to bad. Taking it to the trans shop Tomorrow if open or Monday.. Will let you know what happens..:popcorn:

garync1
06-22-2007, 05:22 PM
Well Looking through some of the post I don't think its the interm.servo.. Mine is coming from what looks like the main seal area were it bolts to the motor. Now that its cooled down some there looks like on the drive way and the street I should have lost about a gallon of trans fluid. I do know trans fluid expands when it lands on pavement but it only needed a half a quart tell full. Now I get a slow drip and the trans pulls fine. I guess when it gets hot it becomes worse. Had fluid replace last month and did the pan drop and filter change last January but was a little bothered by the amount of gunk in the bottom of the pan.So I will take it to a Trans place Monday and see what they say.I am looking into a few right now from word of mouth... Just want to get this problem solved.

garync1
06-22-2007, 06:59 PM
Quick update.. Took the van up the road a few miles and now no leak. Strange.. Everything seems normal... :runaround:

goldslaugh
06-23-2007, 09:37 PM
i had the same problem and it was the front pump seal, part cost about 10 bucks butr the trans needs to come down to replace it.also mine did the same thing, did not leak lust driving shoirt distance, but once the engine got hot, leaked like a sive.

garync1
06-24-2007, 08:32 AM
i had the same problem and it was the front pump seal, part cost about 10 bucks butr the trans needs to come down to replace it.also mine did the same thing, did not leak lust driving shoirt distance, but once the engine got hot, leaked like a sive.
Hey Thanks for that reply.. Yea the van shifts normal every once in a while I get a shudder but it makes since.. At least I can go to the trans place better armed with info.. because I feel I got some time left on the trans by its performance but once its hot feels light she getting weak in the knees and the motor is in tip top shape. So I greatly thank you for that reply. I dont wont to shell out a few G's unless its completely dead.Thanks again... Gary

Add your comment to this topic!