Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

help me change my shocks

rtreptow
06-22-2007, 08:17 AM
I'm replacing the shocks on my 2000 4 door 4wd blazer this weekend. Original shocks are on there and they are worn out. I never replaced shocks on a vehicle before. Any body want to post a quick step by step? I've did a little searching and havent' come up with much. I read where some say to leave the tire on to do it and some say to take it off? Seems like with leaving it on there would be no room to get in there? I have been generously soaking the nuts and bolts on the shocks with some penetrating oil over the last couple days. They really didn't look too bad though. Thanks in advance.

muddog321
06-23-2007, 05:39 AM
4wd fronts have the lower mount bolt located so it is easier to do with the wheel off unless you have a lift. Watch out for the ABS sensor wire and its 2 securing little bolts that keep the wire out of the way from suspension travel.

riptide44
06-25-2007, 12:13 AM
best done with the truck off the ground , remove the nuts and bolts , before you install the new shocks extend them fully then retract them fully by pushing the other end into the ground ( a few times) to purdge them - then install them as fully extended as you possibly can .

Add your comment to this topic!