Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 PA Climate Control Sys.

scot399
06-21-2007, 03:38 PM
My climate control is channeling HAL in Space Odyssey. When the car starts the system does whatever it wants to do. Sometimes the display goes out altogether, sometimes the buttons don't work. The air flow is random.
Any help would be most appreciated. Believe it or not, my dealer said they don't work on Buicks older than 1995.

imidazol97
06-23-2007, 07:27 AM
My climate control is channeling HAL in Space Odyssey. When the car starts the system does whatever it wants to do. Sometimes the display goes out altogether, sometimes the buttons don't work. The air flow is random.
Any help would be most appreciated. Believe it or not, my dealer said they don't work on Buicks older than 1995.

Could be a defection head unit.

Could be poor ground at the A pillar near the floor (under the plastic edging around the door. In some cars those have been wet enough that they corrode. I had a 93 LeSabre's ground causing the AC to lose control and go into compressor on and high fan speed with recirculate at the same time the power door locks wouldn"t work> Fixed itself after 10 minutes or so or after parking at home. Are you in a climate where lots of water from shoes, rain, snow, have gotten on the carpeet in that area from normal getting in and out?

Add your comment to this topic!