Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

03 ext gas tank recall

agolfingcop
06-20-2007, 10:21 PM
Just letting every one know I got a notice on my 03 ext for the gas tank filler neck cracking. I had a service engine light soon came on when hooked up to a code reader said small emmission controll leak. I replaced the gas cap first. Finally took to dealer said I needed a o2 sensor and to reflash the computer.$275.00 dollars later and less than 100 miles light came back on with same code. Took back to dealer they said they were going to have to replace the whole gas tank. They covered no cost to me. Problem finaly fixed and received a letter yesterday from GM saying if you had this problem call your dealer. If you have to have this replaced already you may get a refund for the work. I am going to try and get my $275.00 back because it did not fix the problem.I don't think this is a recall but if you are having these problems and have less than 150,000 miles it may be covered

BRD
06-21-2007, 06:21 PM
That particular defect on the Envoy & TB EXTs was due for a manufacturer's recall. If you can, please post the recall #. It's on the letter you got from GM. I'm reasonably confident that you can get your $275 back, too, if you have all your receipts and your dealer's service dept will help you in verifying what was done before. Your owner's manual and/or your GM dealer will have GM's current 800 tel # for Chevy customer svc. Good luck.

fortcarp
07-04-2007, 01:35 AM
I got this same letter from GM. There is also a TSB describing symptoms. I will dig out the letter and post it here in a few days. I do recall it saying that GM will replace fuel tank at no charge, providing there is a problem. Also it said it will reimburse for repairs already made before recall letter was distributed.

Add your comment to this topic!