Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Rodeo just dies while driving

Texas Rodeo
06-20-2007, 03:49 AM
I had my rodeo die on me while driving a couple of weeks ago, and the same thing happend yesterday. The car just dies without any notice or hesitation that the engine is quiting while I was driving. Anyone had this happend to them as well. I was able to start the rodeo again and drive off, but it's just weird how all of a sudden the thing quits on me. If anyone had the same exprience do tell...

amigo-2k
06-20-2007, 08:34 AM
Year? Engine? Miles?

Texas Rodeo
06-20-2007, 12:31 PM
2001 Rodeo, 129,000 miles with a 4 cylinder engine. Runs great when it does not decide to die one me...lol

2eyefishclaw
06-21-2007, 10:18 PM
i have seen a few where ther is a problem with map sensors pluggeg full of carbon causing stupid things including die out and some with cam sensor problems is your engine lamp on at all

Texas Rodeo
06-22-2007, 03:40 AM
Yes , my check engine light is on... It has code error for cam sensor and EGR.

2eyefishclaw
06-25-2007, 08:29 PM
sorry just getting back
EGR can cause the die out if it hangs open but it would die on decel or at idle
more than likely need a cam sensor replace the t-belt while your there you will nedd a dealer to do the crankshaft relearn proceedure for you after replacing the cam sensor or your cel will come back on
as for the EGR best be ton that is to remove the EGR valve remove the EGR manifold (PITA) clean both of them real well there is deatiled info on cleaning the egr valve somewhere around here do a search yo u will find it
good luck

Texas Rodeo
06-26-2007, 03:45 AM
2eye, what would that cost me to fix at the dealer. Were talking Timing belt, crank sensor and having the EGR cleaned out. What would that set me back parts and labor.

thanks.

Add your comment to this topic!