Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

On/Off air conditioner problem...

Davez69gto
06-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Ok well of course i have a Roadmaster that i'm working on. It's a 95 and i had to remove the AC compressor to change a line. I know it sounds silly but it was a must. Either way basically now that i have it back on i went to charge the system and well i put r134a in there and the compressor turns on. It only does it in short burst and then shuts off. I don't remember if it used to do that and was wondering if it is so.

One of the lines does get really cold and sweats. So i assume all of that is just fine. The problem is still that i'm gettin no cold air inside the car. I don't know what to do. The heat seems to be working fine although it is hard to judge since it's over 80 here. There was a problem with the heat that was never fixed that during the winter it would only let slightly warm and not warm the whole car. I don't know if this would be a related problem.

At that time i checked the heater core and it was just fine. Does anyone know if this would be a vacuum problem of some sort? or where to look?

Any help would be apricciated.

electricmanbob
07-06-2007, 10:38 PM
Compressor short cycling is usually indicative of low freon charge. Check the pressure with a guage.

bocoogto
07-17-2007, 12:34 PM
Sounds like low Freon charge. Heat problem is likely bad thermostat. You need a 192 degree thermostat in this car.

rdmaster92
07-20-2007, 07:48 PM
It might help if you can pull the codes from your AC control head. I have a '92 RMW, so can't help much with specifics on your '95. The procedure to get the codes is a bit different on the '95 than the '91 to '93. There is some good information on how to get the codes at impalassforum.com. The thread can be found at:
http://impalassforum.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=32;t=001071 :)

Add your comment to this topic!