soft top hardware

Lion's Amigo
06-19-2007, 03:14 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can find hardware to include the fasteners, rubber and metal strips for mounting a soft top to a 89 Amigo? I have not found anything from the internet searches. All they list is the top. I have the top, I need the hardware to actually put it on the car.

amigo-2k
06-19-2007, 04:00 PM
www.car-parts.com

Lion's Amigo
06-20-2007, 07:23 AM
I tried that link and although they have a great selection of available parts there is no way to list the hardware or even the top as an item of request. Any other suggestions?

Lion's Amigo
06-20-2007, 07:42 AM
I think I understand the misconception of my question now. After reading the thread from the previous owner in your FAQ I see that the difference in the generations of Amigos is vast as far as the top goes. The top for the 1st generation has roughly 50 to 60 fasteners or so that have to be screwed into the rail of the body where the top meets the body. It also has some additional rubber stripping and metal plates that are used for tensil strength that I don't see mentioned in the FAQ at all. This hardware and fasteners are what I am trying to find.

rebel1960
07-08-2007, 04:09 PM
I just replaced my soft top with a hard top. 1994 Amigo and I have all the parts you need if interested.

Add your comment to this topic!