95 camaro 3.4 liter $$$ problem

first_pyro
06-19-2007, 12:51 PM
I have a 95 camaro 3.4 liter with a 4L60e auto trans. Lately ive had high oil pressure with a slow oil leak. I can see the oil dripping form underneath. but now I have a coolant leak but it's not an external leak. I'm thinking blown head gasket from the high oil pressure. The oil pressure sensor was re-soldered due to engine swap and the oil pan has a dent in it. Anyone know where I might narrow down the oil problem and hopefully help me diagnose my coolant leak to? Oh, and the pcv valve isn't connected to the intake tubing.

scoobytuff
06-19-2007, 06:13 PM
Are you sure its an internal coolant leak?

stieh2000
06-19-2007, 06:28 PM
If its a coolant leak and its getting into your oil, your oil will be all funky and milky when it leaks out. If its leaking into your intake/cylinders, you'd be getting smoke out your tailpipe. (someone correct me of I'm wrong)

The high oil pressure is probably from a combo of the re-worked oil pressure sensor and dented oil pan. How high is it anyway? 65psi or closer to 90psi? :eek:

...and you should probably, just maybe, perhapse, try to make an attempt to reconect the valve tube thingy.

first_pyro
06-20-2007, 03:51 AM
my oil pressure is supposed to be at 60psi at 2400 rpm at 240degrees farenheiht if i rememebr correctly. It's maintaing 70-75 psi throughout 0-5500 rpm...I basically had the whole engine rebuilt a month since i have been driving it. I have no smoke coming out the tail pipe.

That was one of the first things that I checked. Here is the order or events that my problems occured...low oil light( oil lvl fine ) month later high oil pressure. when oil does go back to normal operatig pressure. low oil light comes on again. now a couple weeks later coolant dissipating somewhere.. next door switch won't turn off accessory lights. should I do a clt test ?

wrightz28
06-20-2007, 09:45 AM
The oil pressure sensor was re-soldered

If not done carefully, this could be causing the seemingly 'faulty' readings you describe.

Add your comment to this topic!