Page updated on 12-16-2017

Code 36,22

whheezzzz
06-19-2007, 11:18 AM
I have 93' 4.3, CPI, s-10 Blazer Vortec. My prop is this for awhile there i kept gettin code 22 which is Throtle Position Sens (signal voltage Low) and code 43, Electronic Spark Control= which deals with knock sensor well, up intill today ive checked TPS and the readings check out with a Digital Voltmeter, but code is still on?? any ideas on that?? The knock sensor i cant get a reading out of it, or im just doing it wrong,but it seems i cant get a reading out of the connector either. Any ideas on that?

Ive fixed several things fuel pressure regulator,Nut Kit,plugs,wires,PCV,oil, Seafoamed through Brake Booster, and soon to be fuel filter. All while have somewhat eradict idle and low power, sometimes heasitation during low RPMS takeing off stumbleing crap. Now i get a IAC, Idle Air control Valve code 35 but TPS code 22 is gone. Checked readings on IAC and they where between 40 and 80ohms like its supposed to be. Any ideas out there guys? Ill try almost anything you guys recomend. O and also about that 43 code i cant get the Knock sensor out of block.:banghead: Ive tried warming engine up,PB blaster all day long and still nothin, any help with that? Thanks again sorry for winded post,tryin to include everything Thanks again Chevy guys:smokin:

MT-2500
06-19-2007, 01:56 PM
The only true test on a tps SENSOR is a lab scope and watch for drop outs or glitzes.
Did you check the working voltage or just ohm it out.
What was the working voltage check on it?

whheezzzz
06-20-2007, 12:03 PM
well the voltage of the gray wire and black wire with ignition on was 5v , checking the TPS operation at throtle closed was 0.6v and as gradually increas throtle,voltage gradual went up to 4.4v but manuel says its suppose to go to 4.5v

MT-2500
06-20-2007, 12:39 PM
What transmission?
4.1 or 4.5 volts is close enought.
If a 4L60E
Gray should stay at 5 volt referance voltage.
Black good ground.
And dark green should be the signal or varing voltage to pcm.
See if the pcm is getting a good varing signal voltage.
Make sure wiring is not crossed.

Add your comment to this topic!