Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

oil in my coolant resevor

dianecdothan
06-18-2007, 01:07 PM
My car is an oldsmobile cutlas which the temperature gauge goes to the half way level to the red spot. also their is oil in my water coolant resevor what does this means and how to repair this

maxwedge
06-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Welcome to AF, got tired typing( lol)?, we need the year, engine and car model here.

Mrbizness1
06-18-2007, 09:58 PM
My car is an oldsmobile cutlas which the temperature gauge goes to the half way level to the red spot. also their is oil in my water coolant resevor what does this means and how to repair this

Remove and clean out the bottle with soap, put in fresh coolant and check it after driving for a few days. Its not uncommon to see a little sludge floating on the top of the bottle. This time of year temps gauges will run a little higher.

BNaylor
06-19-2007, 07:00 AM
This thread has been moved from Olds Classics to the Cutlass forum.

jsgold
06-21-2007, 02:38 PM
Check your oil, is there any milky color to it? Is there a lot of excessive pressure building up in your hoses that you can tell? My dad's 89 (2.5) had this problem, excessive pressure in cooling system, oil in coolant, and milky oil. Blown head gasket and cracked head. If you just have junk in the coolant you might even have some old stop leak piling up there that may have been put in, have seen that too. Would be helpful to know what you have too, as mentioned earlier.

Ian Szgatti
06-23-2007, 08:44 PM
its time for a new car

Add your comment to this topic!