Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

United States GP 2007

AudioGuy93DelSol
06-18-2007, 09:17 AM
Ok, so I tried to move my posts from the Canadian thread to this one and by some turn of events, it disappeared :banghead: . Sorry guys. I PM'd TS about it so maybe he'll get it fixed. Until then, Dyno, I guess you can make another one or just wait. Again, sorry about this. I'm going to go sit in the corner now.

Dyno247365
06-18-2007, 02:57 PM
Forget me, I think Dinan's a bit more upset.

@Dinan- that sucks.

AudioGuy93DelSol
06-18-2007, 05:06 PM
Oh yeah, that's who I meant. I get my D's confused.

-The Stig-
06-18-2007, 05:41 PM
lol... whoops....

twospirits
06-18-2007, 07:07 PM
Thread is there, only your posts were deleted.

TS

DinanM3_S2
06-18-2007, 08:25 PM
You can stay in your corner until next year's US GP....

But actually, its ok, things happen. I'm more concerned about why that happened then that it happened. No biggie.

Summary of my post-
I think Hamilton is overrated and Ron Dennis controls the championship so long as McLaren is faster then all the other teams.

AudioGuy93DelSol
06-18-2007, 08:35 PM
Basically. On a separate note, I heard that India is offering 3 times the amount Indianapolis paid for F1 for next year. We probably won't have a USGP next year. I may have to venture into Canada.

Dyno247365
06-19-2007, 11:37 AM
Basically. On a separate note, I heard that India is offering 3 times the amount Indianapolis paid for F1 for next year. We probably won't have a USGP next year. I may have to venture into Canada.

Do we know there's going to be a Canada GP next year? If so, nothing's stopping me from going, I love that circuit, plus I need more GP flags on my wall.

Hamilton overrated because he's winning? In my eyes, a team does what it has to do to win, including the driver.

DinanM3_S2
06-19-2007, 02:06 PM
Hamilton overrated because he's winning? In my eyes, a team does what it has to do to win, including the driver.

I think he is very good, but I don't like the way so many people, the media included, think hes the best thing ever.

First of all, he was lucky enough to be a rookie on one of the best teams in F1 history. Normally a driver would have to start with a lesser team and build their way up, like Massa did with Sauber. His special connection with Ron Dennis made it much easier for Hamilton to get a spot with McLaren.

Second, the McLaren happens to be the fastest car this year, at least at the moment. There are quite a few drivers that I think if they were put into that same McLaren, they would get just about the same results as Hamilton. Personally, I think Kimi, Button, Heidfeld, and Rosberg could all be leading the championship if they happened to have a car that good.

Third, he has been given a huge advantage over Alonso by being short fueled the last two races (the ones he won). In the last 5 races, the car that pitted first (amoung the winning team) won the race. The lighter car in qualifying and the race start seems to have a huge advantage this year. That has nothing to do with the driver, but the team picking favorites. He was practically handed Canada because he was lucky enough to have pitted right before the 1st safety car and nobody was able to make their way through the field in that wild race. At Indy, Alonso was indeed faster during much of the race (especially the 2nd stint) but didn't want to risk crashing into his teammate.

Fourth, where are his brilliant passes? Other then 1st lap heroics (Malaysia), I don't believe he has passed anyone. Granted, it is very hard to pass anyone in F1, but it has been done. I want to see him pull off moves like Michael Schumacher pulled off against Fisichella in China 2006 or against Kimi in Brazil 2006. Or what about a pass like Alonso did against Schumacher around the high speed Suzuka left hander in 2005 or Kimi passing Fisichella on the last lap of that same race.

He can't be a great driver in my mind until he has shown that he can win with an inferior car and won a race from behind. Otherwise he will always be only as good as his car.

Dyno247365
06-19-2007, 03:53 PM
You're absolutely right Dinan, he would have a much better chance at gaining experience and popularity if he were in a lesser team. Granted It's hard to keep your cool at the front of the pack, but it's much tougher to get up front when you didn't get pole. But what can we do, this driver Hamilton is on the best team and talking about what he's bad at when he's winning anyway isn't really productive. For now we'll watch how well he and Alonso do while we start watching closer for who's going to break into the front next.

by the way, what is wrong with the Ferrari team? The cars with a longer wheelbase should be better on the straights, is it their engines?

Did you think it was a good idea for F1 to go with Bridgestone Tires only?

Add your comment to this topic!