Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

honda accord 2000

Mjinga
06-16-2007, 03:59 PM
hello my friends
my friend has a honda accord 2000 . he lost the key and the spear one was inside the trunk
so by incorrect way he opend his car through stick from front door of passenger side then he open the trunk and got the key .

when he wants to start the car doesnt work coz of theif system as i think
so please what he has to do to let his car start again .
he removed the batt and reconected but no use .

nmikmik
06-17-2007, 11:44 AM
I assume (means I really don’t know) he needs to reset car’s security system. Not sure if just disconnecting the battery and connecting it back would do the trick. I’d leave it off for at least a couple of hours…. Did alarm go off when he opened the trunk? I’d just call the dealer’s parts department, they may be able/willing to help you out.

Mjinga
06-18-2007, 12:34 PM
thanks my friend he did this trick but no use
do u have another way to reset the security system

StealthSonic
06-27-2007, 09:56 PM
There are two type of spare keys. One is programmed spare key (with gray tip and a Honda logo on it) another spare key is made from local key shop like Home Depot etc. Those key will not work because this model Accord has immobolizer on the ignition unit. You will need to a new set of keys re-programmed from the Dealer.

If it is official spare key than I'm not sure why you are not able to start the car. Maybe the alarm system is malfunction?

I had that problem once. The 3rd party immobolizer alarm unit went bad and I was not able to start the car with the master key. All I heard was clicking sound. I forced the alarm off, on, and than off again (reset) and it works.

Add your comment to this topic!