Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

trans problem

goldslaugh
06-15-2007, 10:10 PM
97 windstar 3.8 105k

i took the trans down to fix the front pump seal. while putting the trans back in i broke the bulkhead asymbly connection next to the range sensor, it turned out to be a big deal to fix this had to take the side pan off the trans had to take the trans mount off, took forever to get the connectoin out, it has 6 wires with connections on them it's all one piece. got a new one, installed it, put everything back together, the OD light starts blinking and when it starts to go into 2nd gear it gets jerky (really bad) also there is a ticking noise sounds like it's coming from the side pan. is it possible that i didn't get the 6 connections in the right place, i'm pretty sure i did. would that make the od light blink, or could it be something far worse. the trans was working fine before i took it down, it was just leajking badly from the front seal.

goldslaugh
06-18-2007, 10:00 PM
UPDATE:

i had to take the side pan offa junk windstar to see how the wires were connected because i couldn't find a wiring schmatic anywhere, but it ended up being i had them hooked up wrong. hooked them up the right way put it back together and it works fine. the upside is after about 3 weeks of working on the trans i could proably do it in a couple hours next time. but i'm out of the trans buis. i'm payin for it to get fixed next time

Add your comment to this topic!