Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

93 sliding door.

speed3b
06-15-2007, 01:02 PM
I have a 93 aerostar that runs great, the interior is in excellent condition but the body is a little worn down. But like i said it runs great. The only problem that i have with it is the sliding door is jammed. My bro was dropping some friends off a few years back and when they shut the door the rubber around the outside got stuck under the top slider. The door wouldnt reopen. So we took it to a friend of ours who is a mechanic. He was able to unjam it and get it so it was at least closed all the way. He also said that it needed new latches. We lost contact with him, but we had planned to have him redo the latches. I took off the inside panels though the other day for it and was moving the inside handle and watching the latches move, and the handle only moves about 1/4 of the way that its suppose to move, after that it just jams up and refuses to move anymore. Unfortunately the latches look like they are rather hard to get to because there is a plate that is connected to them and in front of them that is tacked onto the rest of the door. Does anyone have a place where i can get some good instructions on fixing/replacing these latches and getting to them easily or have any advice about this.

Thanks

THEFARELANEMAN
07-21-2007, 11:29 PM
Too bad you arent near charlotte nc. I have 2 aerostars with complete doors that im sending to the scrap yard next week cause im losing my storage yard....

defrost3
10-20-2007, 02:13 PM
Mine did something like that, the door worked fine, then one day for no apparent reason, it just got stuck and wouldn't open, we took the frame off in the inside and tried and tried to fix it, but to no avail. It did randomly work a couple of times but never has since. Good luck

Add your comment to this topic!