Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hazard Switch Melted! ..............TINTER, HERE IS YOUR THREAD!

tinter
06-14-2007, 07:12 AM
I drove to work and all was fine and when I came out I notice the hazard had melted and when i started the car my hazards were flashing so I pulled the fuse and it stopped and my signals dont work and the fuse for them are fine. This was two days ago and i didnt notice then but someone told me today that my brake lights were not working. All the tail lights light up except when i press the break. Now Im going to replace the hazard switch today but I will check for a short somewhere. Has anyone heard of this... and I wouldnt mind some other input into some things i should maybe check while im at it today. Its a 1996 4dr s-blazer 4.3L 6 cyl. 4x4. I will be changing the hazard switch and checking the brake switch under the dash and all the bulbs. I will use a test light to the battery to find and running short ...If im missing something please leave any information that might help... thanks for any and all advice..:banghead:

tinter
06-14-2007, 01:26 PM
:banghead: As I was leaving work I noticed that my hazard switch had melted. It was fine in the morning. As I started the car the hazards are flashing so I pulled the fuse. My signals arent working and today I noticed that my brake lights arent working either. So I figure there is a short with the hazard switch and I well be checking for that and replacing it today. All the fuses are good, I will also check all the bulbs and brake switch under the dash. Anyoune know what would have caused this. Its a 96 s-blazer 4x4 4dr. 4.3L 6cyl Other than what I've mentioned should I be cheching anything else to make sure it doesnt happen again. THANKS to any and all advice. Im sorry if you find this post more than once ...It gave me some trouble posting it

tinter
06-14-2007, 02:39 PM
OK so I read the article on Hazard switch replacement and it says that from 1995 and up on the blazers its all the same. Im being told buy every wrecker and dealership that i have to buy the turn signal assembly with the hazard switch. The switch is not sold separatly and that '95 '96 '97 are that way and then the assb. changes... there was a recall for the 2000 and 2001... i can get the hazard for those years... will it work in my 96 blazer s-series..4.3 no tilt:banghead:

MT-2500
06-15-2007, 08:56 AM
Most of the stuff is fused.
Make sure someone has not installed a bigger fuse or jumped something.
Look for pinched or rubbed or shorted wiring.
Also some had a recall on hazard switch.
Have your dealer run you VIN no for recalls and tsb's on it.
Good Luck
MT

tinter
06-15-2007, 01:26 PM
i posted twice because i couldt find the first one and now i cant fine either of them... help

'97ventureowner
06-15-2007, 01:38 PM
Which post was that? Here is a link to the history of your posts. aybe you can find the one you are looking for here:http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=1927132

Add your comment to this topic!