Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What's The Most Powerful Rb26dett Out There???

integra818
10-29-2002, 01:11 AM
Just curios, what's teh most powerful skyline engine? The most I've seen is 1400 but I'm sure there are more powerful skylines...

SkylineUSA
10-29-2002, 04:36 AM
Its right around there. Hp is a funny thing, it really means nothing.

Nemesis
10-29-2002, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by SkylineUSA
Its right around there. Hp is a funny thing, it really means nothing.

Wouldn't it be Evomaniac's NUR Spec2 400R M spec??

Didn't one of the top secret cars hit 1750hp??

Platinum_Skyline01
11-18-2002, 06:41 PM
GO TO www.exvitermini.com
u'll find many

Pennzoil GT-R
12-14-2002, 11:08 AM
the Veilside R34 was recently dynoed at 1460bhp, and Mario's car has bigger turbos and more displacement, so that will likely be over 1500bhp. The most powerful Top Secret car i know od is their R33 that was at one time putting out 1200bhp. In fact i heard once that Nissan tested the RB26 and found that 1600bhp was the absolute limit before the engine block started to crack itself, and it was impossible to get much more out of it.

SkylineUSA
12-15-2002, 09:25 AM
Mario's has more displacement? Are you sure.

More displacement raises hp, really? You might want to do some more research on that;)

SkylineUSA
12-15-2002, 09:29 AM
I should say, more displacement does not necessarily mean more hp. There are a bunch of factoring elements. Some times the increase of displacement will actually lower hp, in most cases it will.

tyndago
12-26-2002, 06:17 PM
Mario made 1107 awhp before.... I say 1500 hp is about as much as you will see for now on gas....

HKS Drag 180 went 190 + mph with RB

HKS R33 goes 180...

Veilside R32 went 170 mph.

Weight and horsepower factor into mph a car runs in a quarter.

If you knew the weights - you could do a guesstimate on power....

tyndago
12-26-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Nemesis

Wouldn't it be Evomaniac's NUR Spec2 400R M spec??

What the hell is a NUR Spec 2 400R M spec ?

Seems like you got every model in there....

400R was an R33 built by Nismo

Vspec II - R32 , and R34

M-spec - leather interior R34

Vspec II Nur - N1 engine

M-spec Nur - N1 engine - leather

SkylineUSA
12-27-2002, 01:12 AM
That is sort of an inside joke to some of the guys on here. Some kid claimed to have a NUR 400 Spec II(or something like that) here in the states. Needless to say the kid was full of it.

So, i was a running joke.

R33
12-27-2002, 03:15 AM
But Sky, didn't u hv a 'Stang V-Spec II 4OOR Nur M3?:confused:

SkylineUSA
12-27-2002, 04:29 AM
R33,

Well, yes. But I don't like to brag:rolleyes:

tyndago
12-27-2002, 11:04 AM
I thought it might be a joke...

Lots of those - kids that make claims.

I know most of the GT-R owners in the US.

So if they dont know me - or I dont know them - there car is probably on their computer screen only....

Gonthrax
12-28-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by R33
But Sky, didn't u hv a 'Stang V-Spec II 4OOR Nur M3?:confused:

Doesn't it have a Type M head gasget?

SkylineUSA
12-28-2002, 03:21 PM
Gonthrax,

That was not even remotely funny:hehehe:

slydar
02-06-2003, 09:35 AM
penzoil GTR, 1600 may be the upper limit of a stock block, but in a drag application, the water jackets can be grout filled, increasing the block rigidity, and therefore horsepower ceiling, not too useful for tootling down to the shops, but then neither is 1600ps :)

Takeshi_Nakazato
02-06-2003, 09:48 AM
If anybody here has seen the Best Motoring Video with Tsuchiya and Orido testing the Mine's R34 GTR VSPEC II, you would know how powerful that engine is.

From what I saw, they both quickly stated that it was too fast as they were barreling down the straight and into the corners of the test track, and they are both JGTC Drivers, so they are used to speed everyday. It accelerates like a street bike, and that is the fastest, or most balanced and powerful RB26 I've ever seen

tyndago
02-06-2003, 12:51 PM
The Mines cars are always no joke....

They always look stock - are about the fastest cars out there....

The way that car goes though the rev range is Amazing.....

As far as the limits of the motor - there is no such thing as a defined limit at above 1000hp...

Its so close to the edge - that anything can cause a failure....

Gonthrax
02-06-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Takeshi_Nakazato
If anybody here has seen the Best Motoring Video with Tsuchiya and Orido testing the Mine's R34 GTR VSPEC II, you would know how powerful that engine is.

Which one was it in? I'm gonna order one sooner or later ;)

integra818
02-06-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by tyndago

They always look stock - are about the fastest cars out there....

Now, that's my style of car :cool:

phatdex
02-08-2003, 12:04 PM
That Mines car in Best Motoring 5 is a real cool TRACK car, but nowhere near the most powerful.
It only had twin GT2530's which are not that big, but perfect for track use. That car probably only had around 600hp at the engine which is HUGE for a track car, but nowhere near the most powerful.
Well the HKS skyline is the fastest, and that has what? Around 1400hp?

And what are u talking about that displacement puts down horsepower?
More displacement equals more gas and thus spins turbos earlier and more quickly.
All the drag cars are at least 2.8L
Mario has a 3L OS Giken dont he?

Supra650RSP
03-31-2003, 02:27 PM
With the increase in displacement you are changing a lot of factors including the strength of the block itself. Those cars that are running 2.8 liters usually have a relativly short lifespan.

SkylineUSA
03-31-2003, 03:39 PM
Most big HP engines have a short lifespan:D

RazorGTR
04-01-2003, 12:28 AM
Have had the opertunity to talk through an interpreter to Mr. Nagata of Top Secret even the top guys have block failure once you begin to breach the 1,100hp mark. Even the mighty N1 blocks can still crack in the same place between the #3 and #4 cylinders. It would seem to be a design flaw in the block itself.

Now is some smart and rich cookie were to invest in the dies and have a really nice alloy block made for racing applications he just may have found a cure and also a way to become rather wealthy.

Evomaniac
04-01-2003, 12:49 AM
That is sort of an inside joke to some of the guys on here. Some kid claimed to have a NUR 400 Spec II(or something like that) here in the states. Needless to say the kid was full of it.

So, i was a running joke.
some kid :mad: i'm actually 27, show's how much you know, I drive a scooby needless to say but I just joked about having a skyline, know I have one though, 1/10 scale tamiya TL-01 with the gtr body.

SkylineUSA
04-01-2003, 01:56 AM
some kid i'm actually 27, show's how much you know, I drive a scooby needless to say but I just joked about having a skyline, know I have one though, 1/10 scale tamiya TL-01 with the gtr body.
Dude, how about I just put you on my ignore list.

tyndago
04-01-2003, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by RazorGTR
begin to breach the 1,100hp mark. Even the mighty N1 blocks can still crack in the same place between the #3 and #4 cylinders. It would seem to be a design flaw in the block itself.

Theres a fix..... maybe even a car in New Zealand has them / it... that kind of stuff...

but at these super high levels ---- everything can only last so long..

The issue with the 2.8 is that the overbore---the walls get thin- you are better staying with a stock size piston.... or stockish - to keep the cylinder walls thicker.

Thicker is better - just ask her....

SkylineUSA
04-01-2003, 02:15 AM
Stroker kits and high HP RB26s are not a good match.

More cubes is better for torque, but that is not where the RB series makes its power, its the ability of the engine turning higher in the rev range for hp, kind of a draw back for the street.

R34 GT-R SKYLINE
04-01-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by phatdex
That Mines car in Best Motoring 5 is a real cool TRACK car, but nowhere near the most powerful.
It only had twin GT2530's which are not that big, but perfect for track use. That car probably only had around 600hp at the engine which is HUGE for a track car, but nowhere near the most powerful.
Well the HKS skyline is the fastest, and that has what? Around 1400hp?

And what are u talking about that displacement puts down horsepower?
More displacement equals more gas and thus spins turbos earlier and more quickly.
All the drag cars are at least 2.8L
Mario has a 3L OS Giken dont he?
I believe the Mine's R34 GT-R V-SpecII has about 618-625hp at the wheels so you weren't off by much. Thats pretty monster power with some relatively small turbos. Yeah the GT2530's are pretty good for the track

RazorGTR
04-01-2003, 06:46 PM

Theres a fix..... maybe even a car in New Zealand has them / it... that kind of stuff...

but at these super high levels ---- everything can only last so long..

The issue with the 2.8 is that the overbore---the walls get thin- you are better staying with a stock size piston.... or stockish - to keep the cylinder walls thicker.

Thicker is better - just ask her....

I haven't heard of any fix yet Sean. The Croydon team went back down from 2.7 litre HKS stroker kit to 2.6 . So far all seems good but as discussed once you bore the RB block to achieve 2.8 litre they weaken. That is a given.

Ir-regardless 1,400 hp out of small displacement engine is an achievement in itself.

RazorGTR
04-01-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Evomaniac

some kid :mad: i'm actually 27, show's how much you know, I drive a scooby needless to say but I just joked about having a skyline, know I have one though, 1/10 scale tamiya TL-01 with the gtr body.

Well mate your still a kid to me. You seem to have the knowledge of sweet fcuk all about skylines. Maybe you should stick to what you know and quit harrassing people who actually do.

I for one am getting tired of you really fast. Clean it up or be cleaned up.

tazdev
04-01-2003, 11:57 PM
Evomaniac those types of comments are not approprite or required.

either think beofre you type or you will be BANNED

Evomaniac
04-02-2003, 01:05 AM
what's to be inappropriate?:D
-Dave

phatdex
04-02-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by R34 GT-R SKYLINE

I believe the Mine's R34 GT-R V-SpecII has about 618-625hp at the wheels so you weren't off by much. Thats pretty monster power with some relatively small turbos. Yeah the GT2530's are pretty good for the track

600hp at the wheels? i wouldnt have thought it was that much, but i wont argue.

integra818
04-02-2003, 05:38 PM
wow, so 1600 engine hp is the most so far? Amazing. Or did someone else say a higher hp number???

phatdex
04-02-2003, 08:20 PM
You guys talking about overbore etc, i dunno about the other kits, but the OS Giken 3L kit makes the extra 400cc from additional crank stroke making the engine 26mm higher. (It uses a spacer plate for the extra height.) Making bore and stroke 86mmX86mm (same as supra 2JZ).

I am no engine expert, but wouldnt that be done with no thickness bored from any wall, or if there was, very minimal????
Thus ur argument about engine wall thickness not applying to this kit?

phatdex
04-02-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by integra818
wow, so 1600 engine hp is the most so far? Amazing. Or did someone else say a higher hp number???

As far as I know, those hp numbers for japanese GTR's are hp at the wheels, not at the engine.
But I have never heard of 1600hp, HKS having 1400 is the most I have heard of, and thats at the wheels.

phatdex
04-02-2003, 10:46 PM
Anyone care to comment on the OS Giken kit and how it weakens the block?

tyndago
04-02-2003, 11:25 PM
Croydon had a Greddy 2.7 kit... HKS sells 2.8's

I thought they were still 2.7 but they are standard bore...

There is/are fixes.....

Croydon claims over 1100 hp now...

http://www.croydons.co.nz/news.htm

Nemesis
04-06-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Evomaniac

Dam, and those who know me thought I was ashamed to be driving a WRX before I found this info out........ imagine my shame now!

SkylineUSA
04-06-2003, 07:13 AM
Nemesis,

Good one:)

Back to the question at hand. Any engine producing large amounts of power is on borrowed time.

tyndago
04-06-2003, 10:52 AM
Back to the question at hand. Any engine producing large amounts of power is on borrowed time.

Highlight that - make it bold........ if people dont think that - they have never actually built or raced a car.....

ANY engine producing large amounts of power is on borrowed time..... ANY engine...

People may try and say some stuff about 1000 hp V12's or 1000 hp V-8's..... but for specifics - as far as displacement vs hp... they are on borrowed time.... if you took the 1000 hp V-12 or V-8 and tried to make 2000 hp - it would probably break....

Gonthrax
04-06-2003, 03:44 PM

Highlight that - make it bold........ if people dont think that - they have never actually built or raced a car.....

ANY engine producing large amounts of power is on borrowed time..... ANY engine...

People may try and say some stuff about 1000 hp V12's or 1000 hp V-8's..... but for specifics - as far as displacement vs hp... they are on borrowed time.... if you took the 1000 hp V-12 or V-8 and tried to make 2000 hp - it would probably break....

Well spoken mate ;)

Any how, I'm interested about that OS Ginken kit phatdex is talking about.

phatdex
04-06-2003, 04:27 PM
The OS Giken kit is the 3L kit used in Marios GTR700 project car that a few ppl have talked about.
Very very expensive. U buy a whole engine already put together, I dunno for sure, think $30K AUS just for the engine.

2of9
04-06-2003, 08:50 PM
well... i was thinkin, an RB26 producing 1000+++ horsepower, but wut bout the torque, would the torque be the same bcuz of the AWD?? and if there were RB26 hittin da 1500 HP, would could it hit in a 1/4 mile??

SkylineUSA
04-06-2003, 11:22 PM
would the torque be the same bcuz of the AWD?? What:confused:

and if there were RB26 hittin da 1500 HP, would could it hit in a 1/4 mile??

I think there is a lot more than just one variable to figure that question out.

Tires
Tire pressure
Temp
Dew point
Barometric Pressure
Trans gearing
Rear End Gearing
Driver
Track
Clutch
Driver
Suspension
Rev range
Cars weight
Bird poop on the windshield
etc.

flylwsi
04-06-2003, 11:41 PM
wow...

tq has nothing to do with the drivetrain.

hp is directly related to tq through a mathematical equation.

(i don't know it off hand, but whatever)

if a skyline had 1500 hp, it would most likely have been converted to rwd, less parts to break.

1/4 times depend on what the car is set up for.

if it's got top end gearing, it would be hella straight over a 5 mile stretch, but not amazingly fast in the 1/4.

lower gearing would make for lightning quick launches and acceleration...

phatdex
04-07-2003, 04:50 PM
The HKS GTR is still 4WD. They just have that handbreak thingy that turns off the front wheels for the burnout.
Hp= torque x revs or something like that.
HKS GTR has something like 1400HP at all 4 wheels.

Zippy
04-07-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Platinum_Skyline01
GO TO www.exvitermini.com
u'll find many

BINGO...I Dl'ed those vids a long time ago. Check how that thing pulls on the dyno straps :)

Scary:p

SkylineUSA
04-07-2003, 10:46 PM
rpm x lb/ft
Its bhp = ________

If you see a dyno, 5250 is where you will see the hp and torque curve cross, more often than not.

Dorikin
04-13-2003, 01:44 PM
I thought it might be a joke...

Lots of those - kids that make claims.

I know most of the GT-R owners in the US.

So if they dont know me - or I dont know them - there car is probably on their computer screen only....

Ive busted some guy who claimed he had HKS HEADERS on his R34....

if anyone claims to have an R33, I have a supreme way of busting them...:D

DSSA
06-25-2003, 02:24 PM
Mario's has more displacement? Are you sure.

More displacement raises hp, really? You might want to do some more research on that;)

No, displacement doesn't automatically raise h.p. by itself, but allows for more potential whether it be from boring or stroking.

In it's most broken-down form, the old "There's not replacement for displacent" rule still holds true with piston motors--we're still only dealing with a glorified pump here.

With the case of the RB26DETT, it sounds like the sleeves and/or spacing between cylinders is a bit too thin to really go drastic on the bore, however, I don't see how stroking it for a better better rod to stroke ratio would adversely affect it (so long as the factory quench measurements were kept).

Is the problem that the people running biggger bores that it was cracking between the bores or the sleeves (Meaning was the block itself cracking? Or just the sleeves?) from cylinder pressure? Or a case of too much heat transference?

What about h.p. levels attained by the RB30 motors?

OZZYR33GTR
06-28-2003, 12:37 PM
CAN ANY1 TELL ME HOW SOME GUY IN A SMALL LOCAL W/SHOP WHETHER IT BE IN JAPAN/USA/NZ?/AUSTRALIA CAN GET MORE POWER OUT OF A PRODUCTION BASED ENGINE IE:RB26DETT WEN COSWORTH,TOYOTA,HONDA CAN ONLY MANAGE 1000BHP OUT OF A 2.78LT V8,3 BAR BOOST,METHANOL FUELLED,14,500RPM $125,000USD ENGINE.AND YES I OWN 2 GTR"S.I LOVED THE 1ST ONE SO MUCH I BOUGHT ANOTHER.

OZZYR33GTR
06-28-2003, 12:50 PM
Mario made 1107 awhp before.... I say 1500 hp is about as much as you will see for now on gas....

HKS Drag 180 went 190 + mph with RB

HKS R33 goes 180...

Veilside R32 went 170 mph.

Weight and horsepower factor into mph a car runs in a quarter.

If you knew the weights - you could do a guesstimate on power....

IS THAT THE SAME MARIO WHO CLAIMS TO HAVE ALUMINIUM BERYLLIUM PISTONS? WOT EVER!

DSSA
06-28-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by OZZYR33GTR
CAN ANY1 TELL ME HOW SOME GUY IN A SMALL LOCAL W/SHOP WHETHER IT BE IN JAPAN/USA/NZ?/AUSTRALIA CAN GET MORE POWER OUT OF A PRODUCTION BASED ENGINE IE:RB26DETT WEN COSWORTH,TOYOTA,HONDA CAN ONLY MANAGE 1000BHP OUT OF A 2.78LT V8,3 BAR BOOST,METHANOL FUELLED,14,500RPM $125,000USD ENGINE.AND YES I OWN 2 GTR"S.I LOVED THE 1ST ONE SO MUCH I BOUGHT ANOTHER.

How it is done? You'll have to ask the shop.

However, this happens all of the time. A lot of privateer shops have higher-output motors than the "big boys". When was the last time you saw a 4G63 Mitsu motor come from Ralli-Art w/ close to 1000 h.p.? (2.0 4 cylinder)

You've got to remember that a lot of the "big tuners" build engines that withstand these power levels for racing applications without blowing on a regular basis--if their motors put down 1000 h.p. but last all season vs. someone who builds a motor that blows every other event and puts down 1200 h.p.--who's gonna look like the better engine builder?

Just because someone doesn't work for a huge tuning company, doesn't mean that they're an inferior tuner or can't come with new/better ideas.

Another aspect is that a lot of the "big" tuners out there use their own parts exclusively in the building process--name me a tuning company out there that makes the best of everything.

Thinking that just because the company is huge means that they can get the most power out of an engine is like saying that Ford and GM make a better car then Ferrari/Lotus/Porsche because Ford and GM are bigger.

Supra650RSP
07-01-2003, 12:45 AM
DSSA: You hit the nail on the head there man. Reliability is probably the number one facter for them. They can build huge horsepower cars but if they keep breaking it is worthless to the customer. However, small shops can build personal cars and if they break it so what. They have nothing to lose. They are going to either stay small or take off. If they happen to have a few new ideas and set something up right...they become big news quick.

LSR
07-04-2003, 06:54 AM
Torque is usually less then BHP on an inline engine configuration, but on a V configuration, the case is opposite.

BHP is lost through the drivetrain as there are more parts being used (which is why 4WD, not AWD cars, weigh more than RWD - of course, it can be opposite - I.E. by theory a RWD car weighs less, but the interior could be Maybach quality :eek: ) to put power down to the ground, and these parts take up the power. 4wd = power being put down to twice as many wheels through twice as much driveline/parts etc.

But why be interested in the most powerful RB26DeTT. You'd be talking monster power, no reliability, running on methanol, driveability? Don't be stupid :biggrin:

RazorGTR
07-05-2003, 05:57 PM
Three things OZZYR33GTR.

1. Both Reece and Croydon's R32 GTR's are pushing over 1000hp at the wheels. Both have dynoed their cars and have shown the sheets publicly. Get over yourself.

2. Stop posting in all caps in the Skyline Forums! I don't give a toss if you do it else where.

3. Get over yourself aye, play nice or piss off.

Simple.

D2daT2daM
07-06-2003, 09:39 AM
damn an oil change for an enzo cost over 700$ wtf , i do min for about 20 , 5 bottles of castrol gtx drive hard 10w30 and a oil filter and im set

Castandiello
12-11-2008, 03:22 AM
:smile:
Hi, in The issue with the 2.8 is that the overbore---the walls get thin- and the engine would possible have a short lifespan, how come they produce the Z- Tune skyline w/c is 2.8 liters? I'm really curious.

Add your comment to this topic!