Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

why the thing wont start again

toni irene
06-12-2007, 11:49 PM
This is the third time in two months this has happened. The theft light continually flashes, and i have no automatic key, and the company did not give me one when i bought it used. They said they never got one. They also said they would get me a book, but, that was 2 and a half years ago.I did not have any problems starting or dirving and then it gets some kind of attitude. I turn the key and nothing. I have power. Lights , raidio, air , everything works, except it wont turn over. Checked cables, no corrosion and on tight. It is only happening when i really need it. Sometimes i wonder if it has a brain. This is a reputable dealer i purchased the car at so i thought.

96wWindstar180K
06-18-2007, 05:55 PM
toni irene
Something to check. With the car in park have somebody hold the key in the cranking position while you tap the atarter motor with the wood end of a hammer. Sometimes the armature gets stopped on a dead spot and tapping it will release it enough to get it moving. If you get it to turn over you know the starter is bad. Also there is a neautral safety switch or a Transmission range sensor that can go bad. Try starting it in neautral.

toni irene
07-05-2007, 10:34 PM
Thankyou For That Information....i Called A Tow And They Tapped The Dam Starter And Guess What, It Started....brought It To The Ford Dealership And Had Starter Changed. $53.00 For Tow To Tap Starter And $234.00 For Starter And $150.00 In Labour, Happy But Broke To Say No Problems Now.....usually When Starter Goes You Hear The Spinning Noise But This Time There Was A Slight Hum When You Turned The Ignition.....that Why I Doubted The Starter. Hope Thats All For Now.....again Thanks

96wWindstar180K
07-05-2007, 10:44 PM
toni irene
Glad to help. Only wish it could of helped you more. It might have at least saved the tow. Good Luck

Add your comment to this topic!