Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

S-10 won't start

Shered
06-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Hello , My brother has a 1991 S-10 that won't stat due to not any fuel coming out of the injector. I do know the fuel pump , injector is good and he has put on a new computer. There is power to the red wire going to the injector. I know the blue wire is suppose to see a pulse to open the injector but I don't see that happening. Also he has changed the module in the distributor. I have looked at all the wires and they all look intact. Does anyone have any suggestions what to look for? No I haven't put an analyzer on it. Thank you

MT-2500
06-13-2007, 11:52 AM
First do you have good hot blue spark to more than one spark plug?
Will it fire with a little carb cleaner sprayed into intake?
Gas in tank?
Does the fuel pump run and pump the proper pressure?

Shered
06-13-2007, 06:47 PM
Yes to all of the above.
It will run when gas goes in the carb. Problem is no gas coming out of the injector. Everything else is working . Gas will come out of the injector when you connect the blue wire which is ground to the to ground. Of course unplug it going to the computer first.

hondo168
06-11-2009, 09:55 PM
Yes to all of the above.
It will run when gas goes in the carb. Problem is no gas coming out of the injector. Everything else is working . Gas will come out of the injector when you connect the blue wire which is ground to the to ground. Of course unplug it going to the computer first.
d16 blue wire at ecm makes ground to pulse in got same prob let me know what u think

Add your comment to this topic!