Page updated on 10-19-2017

1996 jimmy tranny filter

bigdawgjr
06-12-2007, 01:01 AM
I just changed the tranny fluid and filterin my 1996 jimmy every thing was working ok before I changed it exceptrev sounded funny, anyway I changed it now theres no problems with rev. but when I put it in drive it seems to start out in like 2 or 3 gear , I have to put the peddle to the floor to start moving but once it gets going it fine , anybody have some suggestion:banghead:

silicon212
06-12-2007, 01:13 AM
I just changed the tranny fluid and filterin my 1996 jimmy every thing was working ok before I changed it exceptrev sounded funny, anyway I changed it now theres no problems with rev. but when I put it in drive it seems to start out in like 2 or 3 gear , I have to put the peddle to the floor to start moving but once it gets going it fine , anybody have some suggestion:banghead:

4L60E?

If you get a check engine light (MIL or Malfunction Indicator Lamp), put a scanner on it and see what the DTC is.

If you get a P0758, drain the fluid and drop the pan. At the rear of the valve body are two solenoids that look similar. These are your 2-3 shift A and B solenoids. Check to make sure you didn't disconnect the wire by accident when you pulled the filter out. I did a fluid and filter change on a 4L60E last week and wound up doing exactly that, and didn't realize it until I put it together and tried to take it for a spin. What happens if one of those is disconnected is the transmission goes into 'safe mode' and will start out in 3rd gear, and set a P0758 DTC on the computer.

bigdawgjr
06-12-2007, 08:36 AM
That is exacly whats happining , but I dont have a cheak engain light on, I did scannen it with an OBD2 reader, (I don't know how good those are) but it did read a code ether? are the two solenoids toward the front?

silicon212
06-12-2007, 11:50 AM
The following picture was unceremoniously stolen from Blue Bowtie, resized and remarked for your viewing pleasure -

http://www.silicon212.org/4L60Evb640.jpg

The arrows point to the two solenoids. In my case, I banged the connectors with the pan when I was maneuvering the pan past the exhaust crossover pipe.

bigdawgjr
06-12-2007, 03:50 PM
that is awsome thankyou very much , thats was exactly what happened with mine, after taking the stupid pan off again and using you pic i figerued it out. thank-you very much:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

The following picture was unceremoniously stolen from Blue Bowtie, resized and remarked for your viewing pleasure -

http://www.silicon212.org/4L60Evb640.jpg

The arrows point to the two solenoids. In my case, I banged the connectors with the pan when I was maneuvering the pan past the exhaust crossover pipe.

Add your comment to this topic!