Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

p0758

pughmecdoc
06-11-2007, 09:21 PM
My 2001 Rodeo 3.6v auto 2wd. has symptoms of transmission going out. Never had a transmission problem before. But Two weeks ago while leaving the drive-way I suddenly had no power to take off. It would rev to 2K RPMs and start to move but very slowly. Eventually at about 40~45 it has all kinds of get up and go. Two days previous on the way home from work I stopped for gas, shut-off the engine, and would not restart, found the battery dead. So I may have the ATL. problem that everybody here talks about. But The next day here in Louisanna had a Spring storm.. And I drove 7 miles in a flooded street 1/2 foot to 14 inches deep. The next day the symptoms occured. My code reader was taken from my tool box at work.. (I work on aircraft). So I had to wait to get the codes. In the mean time I changed the Trans filter and fluid. Nothing out of sorts found. After reading about winter mode I press the button and it took off 100's of times better. Then today about an hour ago I got the code P758.. Shift Solenoid B Circuit Electrical. I have never had any previous problems other than the P0401. I can find it on the wiring diagram, I am lost other-wise :banghead:
Does anyone know anything about this. Where the connectors that I need to look at are located?
Thanks

Ramblin Fever
06-12-2007, 10:05 AM
What's your volt output under load for the Alternator?

pughmecdoc
06-12-2007, 02:22 PM
With headlight on and A/C fully on I read 14.3 at the battery terminal

pughmecdoc
06-13-2007, 01:12 AM
My friend suggested that I go through the gears.. When I am in L2 it shows L2, but when I shift to L1 it still says L2. Unfortunately I got well into tearing into the center console to do some wire tracing. Since I am off tomorrow. I am going to remove the Switch assy and clean it as others have then follow alignment following hanes. Then go back to the Shift Solenoid B circuit wires. The wiring manual does not show actuation of the switch and how that could effect this solenoid, but it looks like it can. mean while any suggestions are welcome.. Thanks Ramblin Fever for your quick responce.

Ramblin Fever
06-13-2007, 06:17 AM
You need to check ALTERNATOR output while under load as well; if your alt is lower then 14v's, it's on it's way out.

pughmecdoc
06-13-2007, 04:54 PM
Well when I open up the switch to clean it this morning... Corrosion...I used some of my neat Aircraft cleaner/corrosion remover. And it went back together.. and is now operating correctly.. I had no DC 4 to put in it I will do that in a couple of days.. I will recheck the Alternator directly...

pughmecdoc
06-13-2007, 05:14 PM
Well I just tried it and with everything on 13.63 volts. But just in case of another problem, I am going check the shift solenoid wires.

Ramblin Fever
06-13-2007, 09:51 PM
Don't know much about the shift solenoid wires.

When you go for an alt, make sure you get ONLY a Napa, Bosch, or OEM Isuzu - do not waste time/money on just any reman alternator, these truck's eat em for breakfast.

Gizmo42
06-13-2007, 11:31 PM
If it shows the wrong gear when you move the shift lever its usually a problem with the range sensor. Also causes odd things to happen.

More info.. http://isuzufaq.ibctech.ca/#faq59

pughmecdoc
06-14-2007, 12:39 AM
Thanks gizmo42.. Yes after I cleaned it half of my conserns went away..I am getting the aLt rebuilt tomorrow.. with life time warrenty $85 plus tax

pughmecdoc
06-14-2007, 12:44 AM
Oh The Check engine light went out after cleaning the switch.. Although the L & 2 symptoms remain. I am running 2k rpm @ 60 mph.

Ramblin Fever
06-14-2007, 06:25 AM
with life time warrenty $85 plus tax

If it's anything other then what I listed above, you're gonna need it for sure. With your basic reman alt, you'll be replacing it every 2-3 weeks or 1-3 mnths depending.

Typical cost for alt's on this truck are over $175

Keep us posted for sure

pughmecdoc
06-14-2007, 03:24 PM
No it is still the origional atl.... It is was re bulit by a shop that just does alt/gen work.... And I already got it back and installed it. Was an extra $30 they had to replace the press in bushings... Anyway it is shifting in the low gears the same way.. now testing with full load it is 14.47v.. Anyone know where the B solenoid located on the transmission

aweaversr
06-16-2007, 02:59 PM
i am also looking for the transmission and no one seems to know the answer. have you found out anything yet?

pughmecdoc
06-17-2007, 01:11 PM
I have not found it.. Off to get a detailed Chiltons manual

pughmecdoc
06-19-2007, 02:43 PM
I got the information that I needed. The A, B, and brake band solenoid is just above the AT filter and is fairly simple to remove and replace. I should be able to troubleshoot to the source of the problem in 10 minutes after i get to the PCM. And now that I got that info... most of you are correct in saying that... All Automatic transmissions must come out earn that name.

2eyefishclaw
06-21-2007, 10:27 PM
I have replaced several of those solenoids its simple remove the smaller of the two pans on the tranny there are two solenoids on it (B) is the one on the outside or closest to the pass side there is a roll pin holding it in you can pull it out with a pair of pliers you may have to twist it a bit once it is out just pull the solenoid out

Add your comment to this topic!