Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Having problems with 06 Charger

DaytonaCharger2006
06-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Is anyone else having complaints about their 06 Charger? Ours has been in the shop many times now and I was wondering if this is common.

mzusin
06-14-2007, 02:07 PM
I had a ton of problems with mine as well. of course they tried to blow them all off but I stayed on the dealer & even went as far as filing for arbitration through Crhysler. About 15 shop visits later everything was corrected. Replaced was all 4 tires (twice)
Rotors (front & back)
Convertor
Trans Pump
Trans flushed several times (there is a TSB out there if your trans was made prior to a certain time)
door & window molding.
Now that everythign is finally fixed though I love this car!!!

searcherrr
08-17-2007, 09:47 PM
I had a ton of problems with mine as well. of course they tried to blow them all off but I stayed on the dealer & even went as far as filing for arbitration through Crhysler. About 15 shop visits later everything was corrected. Replaced was all 4 tires (twice)
Rotors (front & back)
Convertor
Trans Pump
Trans flushed several times (there is a TSB out there if your trans was made prior to a certain time)
door & window molding.
Now that everythign is finally fixed though I love this car!!!

Could you speak more to the details as to why these parts were replaced? I have been wondering about my father's 06 charger brakes as well. It seems as though there is some "shuttering" when coming to moderate-fast or fast stops... and this is the kind of shuttering you experience usually when a rotor has run its life or is warped needing resurfacing.

As far as the rest of it goes:
What was wrong with the converter?
What was wrong with the Trans pump?
What was the cause for flushing the trans several times?
What was wrong with the door and window molding?

FYI - Recently my dad had to replace his passenger rear window regulator which I found very ODD since that window is used so infrequently.

bbsebring71
10-01-2007, 12:03 PM
I bought my wife a Daytona and with 21000 miles the only complaint I have is with the way the traction control operates, it seems to shut the car off when it comes on. I have to turn it off to avoid getting into accidents and that has caused us to replace the rear tires every 5000 miles.

corning_d3
10-02-2007, 09:27 PM
There is a TSB out for the police package chargers that says replace the rotors with MOPAR slotted rotors, if the originals exhibit signs of overheating. I know it's only for the police package, but I've noticed a bit of a problem of overheated brakes on the LX platform.

wphall
03-31-2008, 12:18 PM
There were some issues with the 06 Chargers that were mostly resolved with the 07s. I have an 07 that has been fine.

Some of the common issues on the early ones were as described above and there were TSBs issued for many of them.

davesclassicauto
05-22-2008, 01:43 PM
I bought my wife a Daytona and with 21000 miles the only complaint I have is with the way the traction control operates, it seems to shut the car off when it comes on. I have to turn it off to avoid getting into accidents and that has caused us to replace the rear tires every 5000 miles.

Sounds to me like you need to keep your foot off the floor.

CWUSMC
10-24-2008, 10:14 PM
I have an 07 and mine still had the thumping whine comming to a stop from high speed it turned out to be a high spot in one of the rotors.

Add your comment to this topic!