Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hoosier Drag Slicks

74NOVASS
06-10-2007, 06:16 PM
I recently purhased a new set of Hoosier Drag Slicks and with counless attempts of having them mounted on the rims they will not bead.
Any suggetions from anyone?

fla1976
06-13-2007, 07:52 PM
I run Hoosiers on my Vega and I mount them myself. If you are running 15 inch rims or larger they are easy to mount. Before you mount them you might completely coat the inside of the tire with "Dove" dish detergent. The soap will help seal the tires if you run them tubeless. The wheel can be mounted by hand without tools. Coat the bead of the tire and the rim with the soap and add some air. If the tire doesn't want to seal you can wrap the center of the tire with a strap and pull it tight, this will force the tire out towards the rim. Remove the valve stem when filling the tire and when it is completely seated, screw it back in. Remove the strap when the tire has partially seated and is accepting air. When the tire has partially sealed add air until the tire "pops" on the sealing surface. Do not exceed 30 psi while filling. If it doesn't seat properly, release the air and resoap the bead. Try again until it seats properly, it will "pop" twice, once for each side of the tire. After mounting take it down and have it balanced. Use bolt on valve stems. Good luck.

74NOVASS
06-14-2007, 12:05 PM
Did you get my message,fla?

Add your comment to this topic!