Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

93 buick 3.3 - No fuel

raw213
06-10-2007, 03:45 PM
I have a 93 buick century with a 3.3. I am not getting fuel throught the fule injectors. I did put a new fuel pump in and it is still not starting. I havw fuel up to the injectors. There is no fuel coming through the injectors. Please advise what to do next. Thanks for the help.:banghead:

GM Line Rat
06-10-2007, 07:17 PM
Did the car run at all before you put the fuel pump in? If you can hear the fuel pump run for 2 secs when you turn the key to the run position, and you have verified that fuel is AT the fuel injectors and in the fuel rails (By using a Fuel pressure gauge on the test port)..... the injectors are not opening or recieving there 12V signals to open from your ECM (Computer).....It's highly doubtfull that all 6 injectors are bad at once therefore, Rent a "Fuel Injector Node" from autozone etc.. The test your fuel injectors by removing the metal clip that holds the electrical connector on each Fuel Injector, connect the Test node light and see if the node light flashes when the engine is being cranked (Test all 6 injectors, 1 at a time)......If your not getting a flashing light at the injector electrical connectors......The ECM is either bad or it's not recieving a pulse signal from your ignition system to instruct the ECM to send voltage to the Injectors in my opinion. If the Injectors are recieving 12V signals to them and opening, then fuel is not being supplied to them if the car wont start.

raw213
06-11-2007, 05:34 PM
This car does not start and has not started since I bought it. What controls/gives power for the fuel injection from the ignition side of things? Sensors? Thanks for the help.:banghead:

GM Line Rat
06-12-2007, 07:44 AM
1st, Check the 20 Amp fuel Injector fuse in the Fuse box (Inside the car) to see if it's good or blown? If your not sure which fuse it is....It should be labeled "INJ/COIL".......Also check the 15 Amp "ECM" Fuse to see if its good? If you cant find them, pull every fuse out (1 at a time, Put it back in and go on to the next fuse. ) and check them all to see if there good.... Replace any blown fuses with 1 of the SAME rating.... If both the 20 Amp Injector fuse is good and the ECM fuse is also...... It's time to find out of this car has Spark at the Spark Plugs. You can get a Spark tester at Autozone to do this. If the car is getting spark at all 6 Plugs but no Fuel thru the injectors.....Your ECM Computer is probably Bad (Sliver Box with 2 wire connectors in it, a Black plug connector and a Blue plug connector, Located behind the glove box). Remove the 7 mm screws that hold the glove box in, then remove the glove box and you'll see it. Unscrew the 2 10mm nuts that hold the ECM in it's bracket, then lift the ECM out of the bracket. To remove the wire connectors: push down on the plastic retaining tab in the center of the wire connector plug and "Gently" pull and wiggle the connector side to side till it comes out of the ECM, Remove the other ECM wire connector. If the car has no Spark.......Your ignition control module is probably bad......You can have this tested for free at Autozone. This link below gives you a complete breakdown of the ignition system, fuel injectors and ECM (Figure 72 for a 1993 3.3 V6).

1993 3.3 V6 Engine and Chassis wiring (http://www.autozone.com/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/0f/40/0f/0900823d800f400f/repairInfoPages.htm)

Add your comment to this topic!