Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

SRT4engine in a 95 neon?

ikeyballz
06-09-2007, 08:44 PM
anyone done this before? i just bought a 95 neon as a DD and ive seen (in my area) a bunch of SRT4 engines + trannys being sold for <2000. thats pretty sweet, i bought my car for 1K, put 1K into getting it updated, struts, misc repair, and a decent deck (the stock was dead)..

SRT4 performance for <4K?! he says he'll install the SRT engine and everything.. i heard the trans from the SRT doesnt swap over too easily.. but what do you guys think? is that worth it?

the camaro in my sig is gonna be sold.. cant afford the gas mileage :(

i was planning a FMIC if i ever did do this swap cuz i want to keep my hood looking... neon-y.

imagine that. 4K for a sub13 sec. car! im drooling :icon16: anyone heard of this being done before?

BrodyP
06-10-2007, 10:02 AM
yea its been done already..

Turbodog97
06-10-2007, 02:58 PM
I helped my friend with his 99 neon. Took a couple weeks but we got it running. With the srt tranny you need to swap over the axles and possibly the front brakes too if I remember correctly. We just used the neon tranny. Also, it would be beneficial to swap over every single wire harness from the srt into the neon to avoid any electric conflicts. There is a lot of customization, I won't lie. But since the car is 3-400lbs less...it's very benefical.

UnderEstimate Me
06-10-2007, 05:05 PM
i was planning a FMIC if i ever did do this swap cuz i want to keep my hood looking... neon-y.

imagine that. 4K for a sub13 sec. car! im drooling :icon16: anyone heard of this being done before?

You know the srt-4 has a fmic stock right? It doesnt have a tmic like a wrx. There are so many write ups online that Im sure you will find all the info you need there.

Turbodog97
06-11-2007, 07:00 AM
He was reffering to doing a swap into a neon which would then require customizing an intercooler to work. You would also not be able to(or to my knowledge) be able to make the srt intercooler work for the neon because of the outlets out the back design. You will need outlets on either side. Also, I wouldn't bother spending 4k with someone to do the swap. It you know basic mechanics it can be done by yourself. My friend and I did his with no manuals or guides....we consulted the internet a few times for certain questions but other than that....put it in and go.

UnderEstimate Me
06-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Oh, my mistake. I was under the impression that it would fit, after doing a little big of trimming near the radiator. I was probably thinking of dsm's.

Add your comment to this topic!