Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 Dodge 3.7 Litre Running Hot

stonecold1
06-09-2007, 08:37 AM
I have a 2002 dodge ram 1500 with a 3.7 litre.It is loosing about a half gallon of coolant every 2 days.It does not leak from the radiator unless it blows out while i am driving.my engine cooling fan does not seem to come on but i do not know for sure.could this be a thermostat and if so where is it located.or a fan problem is there a fuse i can change and if so which one i did not get a owners manual with the truck.please help i am broke and cannot afford a mechanic to look at it i will have to do it myself.

bratt
06-10-2007, 11:54 AM
thermostat is like 5 bucks. yeah if your thermostat fails to open your engine overheats.

the manual says to use a thermometer and then boil some water and toss the themostat in the water to TEST it to see if it opens at the specified temp. but im lazy i just spend $5 on a new one and put it in

scott83
06-10-2007, 09:10 PM
well if you dont know which fuse is which.. pull the fuses out one by one.. the fuse for the cooling fan should be under the hood.. from your positive battery side, run the wire down it should run right into the fuse box.. but the fan not working doesnt sound like it would make the truck loose that much water.. but it can overheat quicly witht the fan not working.. look under the truck with leaks

Add your comment to this topic!