'78 924: Which fuse is which? :P

gaytrey1987
06-08-2007, 07:33 PM
I've just bought myself a 1978 Porsche 924. I've been watching the car since I was 12, waiting for the price to go down, and finally it hit five hundred bucks and I took it only moments after. I knew the car had electrical gremlins, but found to my surprise, most of the lights and components worked. After I got it home, however, I was disappointed to find that one of the taillights had gone out. No biggie. Two days later, I'm pulled over for no brake lights. That same night, my high-beams quit, and two days ago, all but one taillight was dead, reverse and t/s still work, sidemarkers are dead and I only have one filament in one of the headlamps working. Now, suddenly I have all tails, turns, and reverse, but still no sidemarkers and no headlamps.

I started tracing this problem down, and I've come into a few bumps in the road. For one, the fusebox isn't marked as to what is what, and no book as far as I can tell has a fuse legend. The ones that do, specify: 83 - up 924/944.

Can anyone help? I need wiring suggestions, and I definitely need some help with the fusebox layout!

Thanks,

Will S.

1981 DeLorean DMC 12
1978 Porsche 924

Add your comment to this topic!