Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What am I getting myself into w/ a 78' CVCC?

dmbland
06-07-2007, 04:48 PM
Long time AF member, first time in this forum.
I'm thinking about buying a 78' CVCC as a project car. Can anyone tell me how difficult it is to obtain parts for these cars? Any lines like, "before you bought that you should have known yadyadyad..." i would love to hear now Thanks.

lxndr
06-08-2007, 10:49 PM
I don't have much experience with these cars so maybe "cvcc_wagon" will chime in. However, I do know that you will soon be on a first name basis with the guys at your local junk yard.

Most all of the replacement parts will be available through your local autoparts store, Honda dealer and/or on-line. Body parts and interior pieces will be more difficult to find.

You will also begin to hate rust with a vengeance.

cvcc_wagon
06-16-2007, 02:29 AM
parts are still available at some wreckers, if you order anything from honda expect to wait 8 weeks to get it from japan. you can swap in any honda motor from 74-83 (except the 83 prelude) so that opens things up a little. the best is to get on the message board at www.1stgencivic.com/ with these old honda's it's about finding the people with the parts and most of them hang out there. they're fun little cars tho and i hope you do take it on as a project, do some reading around at 1stgencivic and you'll learn the roped pretty quickly.

Add your comment to this topic!