Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tranny Fluid -- Where's the fill plug ??!!

badbrakes
06-06-2007, 05:36 PM
I need to replace the tranny fluid on my Ody 03. I can locate the drain plug underneath no problem but can't find the fill plug on top !!!!??? I even have the Haynes manual for the vehicle. The picture Haynes provide is all nice and clear and looks straightfoward but when looking at the tranny, I can't find it. There's something that looks like it could be the fill plug (blue bolt probably 16-17 mm size) but there's a bracket and all sorts of cable right on top of it... could it be that we need to dismantle this bracket and cable to even get to the fill plug !!?? :banghead:

Alternatively would it make any sense to entirely fill the fluid via the tranny dipstick tube ??

dandydano2002
07-02-2007, 09:48 PM
I need to replace the tranny fluid on my Ody 03. I can locate the drain plug underneath no problem but can't find the fill plug on top !!!!??? I even have the Haynes manual for the vehicle. The picture Haynes provide is all nice and clear and looks straightfoward but when looking at the tranny, I can't find it. There's something that looks like it could be the fill plug (blue bolt probably 16-17 mm size) but there's a bracket and all sorts of cable right on top of it... could it be that we need to dismantle this bracket and cable to even get to the fill plug !!?? :banghead:

Alternatively would it make any sense to entirely fill the fluid via the tranny dipstick tube ??:grinno: Hi there...I just changed my tranny fluid and it is..where your hanes manual sais it is...you have to take of some of tubing and after you pop out the insert you'll have to cut a rubber hose and connect it to a funnel and remember how much tranny oil came out of it so you know how much to put back in it. When you fill it back up and put it all back together, drive it around the block and redo it all over twice more and your done....very important to use the proper honda transmission oil.

badbrakes
07-05-2007, 08:04 AM
Thanks for your reply. That fill plug then doesn't look easy to access... I'll give it a try anyways. In terms of filter, I suppose the Ody doesn't have one !? On some trannys you need to replace the filter when replacing the oil... what's with the Ody tranny ?... no mention of filter in Haynes.

Add your comment to this topic!