Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

93 Intrepid Intermittent Starting Problem

camaro69ss_55
06-06-2007, 02:49 PM
I have a 93 intrepid 3.5L that usually starts up fine, The problem is not with the starter, it cranks fine. Sometimes when you crank it over the engine wont fire, u let up and try again it will fire up. This happens maybe once every 10 times starting up. I have replaced the battery, ignition coil, crank posiiton sensor, and camshaft position sensor. Anyone ever had a problem like this?
Jeff:banghead:

trydave
06-16-2007, 07:29 PM
I had the same prob on my 95 and found it to be the position sensor connector. As an electronics technician, knowing that proximity sensors either go bad and stay bad or arent bad in the first place, I looked at the connector and found slight moisture in it. I cleaned it with some contact spray and reconnected it, wrapped it with some shrink tubing and the problem vanished. You can verify that this may be the prob by reading the codes. Turning the ignit key on, off, on, off, and on will set the car to diagnostics mode and you can read the codes from the warning light. I dont remem them all but they are all over the net.

Add your comment to this topic!