Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Alright! IM BACK! :(

aSyLuM32
06-05-2007, 10:25 PM
Well, some of you claim I am the "Luckiest person in the world" for making the mitsubishi dealership pay for the repairs on the car due to faulty parts... but I must disagree! Now I'm having an entirely different problem with the car ONE DAY after getting it out of the shop! :banghead:

When it is Idling it revs up to 2,000RPMS, then back down to 1,000, then back up to 2,000, then back down to 1,000... FOREVER!

This is probably something simple that I overlooked... but still, being the noob I am, it stumps me... Any help would be greatly appreciated... AGAIN:iceslolan

Killa
06-05-2007, 11:15 PM
Well, some of you claim I am the "Luckiest person in the world" for making the mitsubishi dealership pay for the repairs on the car due to faulty parts... but I must disagree! Now I'm having an entirely different problem with the car ONE DAY after getting it out of the shop! :banghead:

When it is Idling it revs up to 2,000RPMS, then back down to 1,000, then back up to 2,000, then back down to 1,000... FOREVER!

This is probably something simple that I overlooked... but still, being the noob I am, it stumps me... Any help would be greatly appreciated... AGAIN:iceslolan

IAC = Idle Air Control , check that.

Check Vfaq.com and look under Intake, read... read

cantgo2fast
06-06-2007, 12:43 AM
idle surge yep that vfaq will do wonders heres another link i found
http://www.dsm.org/how-tos/tttt/tttt3.html

aSyLuM32
06-06-2007, 10:52 PM
Yea actually, I drove it up to the dealership today... I'm VERY upset... I got in the car and it idled fine, just a little bit high (around 1500 RPMs) and I made it over 30 miles towards the dealership with absolutely no problem... until all the sudden the car starts lurging forward (felt like I was running over speeds bumps on the damn highway) over and over. When I took the exit ramp to the dealership I had to sit at a stoplight... The car died 3 times at the stoplight, then when I put it in 1st and started going, it revvd up to 6000RPMs in under ONE SECOND... scared the living hell out of me lol... The oil pressure light then went completely wacko and was all the way down, I pulled it into the dealership and it died.... the guy came out to take a look at it and it started fine and ran fine with the oil pressure light working fine and idled fine.... grrr, it made me look stupid lol!

So yea, I think I found out what was wrong with it... It's possessed... Im having a priest come out with his excorcism team to compell it with the power of christ ... rofl!

Anyways... If anyone actually read all of this, any ideas? I'm sure the dealership will eventually figure out whats wrong, but its quite apparent to me that I cannot trust them as well as I can you guys so let 'em rip! :iceslolan

Add your comment to this topic!