Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 Isuzu Rodeo

keith5strick
06-05-2007, 08:49 PM
2002 isuzu rodeo 56K, 3.2L,5sp,4x4. Car stalls on me for the first 15 or 20 min of driving then it runs just fine. I had the EGR valve replaced and it still does it. If I turn the ac on and stop the car will cut off. If the ac is off it will idle rough and low when I stop but it won't cut off. After 20 min everything is just fine.......

Ramblin Fever
06-05-2007, 10:25 PM
How's your volt gauge reading?

Sounds to me like it could be the starting symptoms of a failing alternator; these trucks are designed to *power down*; i.e. no hvac controls, radio, etc. However, they don't typically stall out, unless volts are low enough and they are regenerating within the first 15-20 of driving.

Could also be symptoms of Intake manifold gasket failure - I'm not familiar with this, hopefully someone else will chime in.

amigo-2k
06-05-2007, 10:30 PM
It could also be a plugged egr tube. Replacing the EGR doesn't always fix it. and 99% of the time the egr just needs to be cleaned.

2eyefishclaw
06-07-2007, 11:40 PM
have not seen plugged tube cause this in fact if the tube is plugged it cant cause roughrunning condition that only happens when the valve stays stuck open
thinking of two things first being IMG do you hear a hissing/sucking sound under the hood? try this remove the small bolt on the front of the drivers side valve cover start the vehicle wiggle the harness at the front of the valve cover around like a mad man if it kil or stumbles you have a broken wire in the engine harness dont try to fix it just repalce the harness if that is the case. Oh try the wiggle thing while its cold and while hot

Add your comment to this topic!