Head lights help needed!!!!

ricmont
06-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Does anyone has any advise on how to clean de inside of the head lights on a Honda Accord Lx 2001? It seems that is kind of dirty inside, I clean the out side very well but it looks like the problem is inside. Any help will be aprecited!

SILVER2KCIVIC
06-03-2007, 08:05 AM
:grinyes: Hi u got few options first is go to auto parts store an they might have a headlight cleaner kit.Or u can take headlights off car an take bulbs out an take somthing long an stick to hole an try to clean some dirt out or u can just take headlights apart witch I do not advise I did this on old pair lighs of mine an real mess u can heat them up in oven for like 2 mins on 400 deg an take them out an the gray headlight sealent will loseing up an u can pull headlight apart with flat scew driver but like I sayed its a pain an a mess an after u clean them put them back together an back in oven for nother 2 mins to heat up the sealent to get it soft again an then push headlight back together but if was me I just try clean them best u can an live with it or buy new one's.:rofl:

ricmont
06-03-2007, 09:29 AM
SILVER2KCIVIC, thank you very much for your advice.

00accord44
06-09-2007, 12:58 AM
Its honestly not that hard to take apart your headlights if you take your time and do it right. You'll need a heat gun or at least a hairdryer tho so you can pick your heat points and do it at your own pace. I'll see if I can find the link to the guide I used.

EDIT - Couldn't find the one I used but here's a DIY thread (http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1792&highlight=DIY+headlight)

Adam_rex
06-13-2007, 02:45 PM
just curious. but why would someone need to clean the inside of a headlight? if you keep the bulb in 90% of time then you shouldnt be gathering dirt in there. i mean they are sealed to keep water out. and if you dont have bulbs in. well i dunno why you have them.

00accord44
06-13-2007, 04:52 PM
Depending on the type and quality of bulbs you use, they give off certain amounts of gasses into the housing and over time it will haze up from the inside. Thats why you may see people with yellowed headlight lenses. Aside from that, dirt could slip in while changing a bulb or worse than that, grease and oil. Any of those things combined with the heat caused by the bulb can dirty up the lenses from the inside.

cbalde04
06-14-2007, 10:01 AM
You may also want to try using a bottle brush from the baby section at walmart. It will work for the headlights that dont have the cone in front of the bulb. you can bend the brush to scrub the hard to reach places.

Add your comment to this topic!