Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1994 Jimmy has lost me! (no start trouble)

antxxny
06-02-2007, 02:42 PM
I'm pretty mechanically inclined but I'm stuck now. Here are the facts: 4.3 liter Vortec, auto tranny. Jimmy will not start. Ignition is fine. (all parts are new and I have spark) Have 58-61 fuel pressure when I turn the key and the fuel pump turns on. After shooting some starting fluid in the plenum the jimmmy "runs" until the starting fluids runs out. During this time I still have 61 psi at the schrader valve. The fuel pressure stays at 58 psi long after I have attempted to start it. (5+minutes) Therefore I'm pretty certain there are no leaks in the fuel system. Could it be the fuel regulator? I believe the regulator works after the test port on the fuel rail. I may be wrong on this. I have no trouble codes. How would I know if it was the ecm? I have bought 2004 seirra and no longer use this Jimmy. I'd rather sell it running than pay to have it hauled away. (plus I want to know what the problem has been all this time!! :/ ) One final bit of info on this, this problem began intermitently. Jimmy stalls, I get out, shoot starting fluid in, jimmy runs again. Now jimmy doesn't run! I'd be stunned yet pleasantly suprised if anyone could aid me in figuring this one out. Thanks in advance to those who can help!

jammyjim
06-02-2007, 10:23 PM
Maybe your injectors? You can check if fuel is making to the injectors.

antxxny
06-12-2007, 11:49 PM
Maybe your injectors? You can check if fuel is making to the injectors.
hmmm perhaps! I will look into that. ps it's no biggy and I'm sure the admins are doing their best to keep this forum fresh and non-repetetive but why was this particular thread moved? Moved to where? I haven't noticed any other thread that is as quite descriptive as mine. For that matter I've done 99% of the work and what I believe needs to be be done. I'm looking for someone to help me with that final step. (not have someone completely tell me why my Jimmy will not run) Also I have tried to help others when ever I know I can help them...what I mean is I give back to this forum. There are so many different topics where 90% are just "my jimmy doesn't run...tell me why" I spent a great deal of time reading past topics to try to make sure I'm not repeating a topic that has already been covered. I feel this is a topic that could very well help others. (which is along to finding out my problem is a goal of mine when I post. Please take no offense because I bear no malice. (running forums of my own in the past I can undertand the frustration involved in running a forum like this one) Take care and let's see if together we can fix a problem that I'm sure many other people may have but were not specific enough to get an acurate answer! Thank you, Tony.

antxxny
06-12-2007, 11:54 PM
hmmm perhaps! I will look into that. ps it's no biggy and I'm sure the admins are doing their best to keep this forum fresh and non-repetetive but why was this particular thread moved? Moved to where? I haven't noticed any other thread that is as quite descriptive as mine. For that matter I've done 99% of the work and what I believe needs to be be done. I'm looking for someone to help me with that final step. (not have someone completely tell me why my Jimmy will not run) Also I have tried to help others when ever I know I can help them...what I mean is I give back to this forum. There are so many different topics where 90% are just "my jimmy doesn't run...tell me why" I spent a great deal of time reading past topics to try to make sure I'm not repeating a topic that has already been covered. I feel this is a topic that could very well help others. (which is along to finding out my problem is a goal of mine when I post. Please take no offense because I bear no malice. (running forums of my own in the past I can undertand the frustration involved in running a forum like this one) Take care and let's see if together we can fix a problem that I'm sure many other people may have but were not specific enough to get an acurate answer! Thank you, Tony. Being inquisitive I looked AFTER I posted! Thank you for moving my post to the correct area! Kudos + thank you again! Now where did I leave that brain....Sorry!

MT-2500
06-13-2007, 10:33 AM
Basics.
Fire to more than one spark plug?
Dist turning?
Your fuel pressure sounds good.
Check for 12 volt power to injector.
Fuses good?
Next check for injector pulse at injectors.
Spay a little carb cleaner into intake and see if it will fire.
MT

Chris Stewart
06-13-2007, 05:15 PM
Sounds like some water in the fuel.

blazes9395
06-13-2007, 09:28 PM
I agree with MT, check for 12 volt to injector. Make sure the wiring to the injector is good and there are no shorts. Also, check and make sure you have a good tight connection at the ignition module at the back of the distributor. From what I read, I think your injector is not firing and no gas is getting into the engine.

vtmecheng
06-14-2007, 09:34 AM
From everything you have checked it sounds like an injector problem, especially if it starts with starter fluid and dies once that runs out. Test the injectors as others have already instructed, first checking for voltage.

antxxny
06-17-2007, 12:56 AM
I will do this. I will let you know what I get.

jeffrodoc
06-11-2009, 10:00 AM
antxxny, did you every figure it out as I have the same problem with my '94 S10 Blazer.

MT-2500
06-11-2009, 10:03 AM
Welcome on your first post on AF.

It is best to check the date on a post before p[osting to it and is it is very old just let the sleeping dog sleep.

Waking up a sleeping dog can get a person bite.

racedad21
06-11-2009, 10:58 AM
antxxny, did you every figure it out as I have the same problem with my '94 S10 Blazer.

Would have been nice if the OP finished the thread back in '07 with the outcome. Maybe there should be a rule...:lol2:

Add your comment to this topic!