Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Amp isnt getting power

levsmith
06-01-2007, 07:48 PM
ok this has got me confused. i took my wireing out of my old car and it worked fine. i wired it up to my new car and now the amp isn't getting power. the amp and sub are still good cause i had a friend test them. i wired everything up and the power light isnt coming on. i used a test light to see if power was getting all the way down the wire and there is power all the way up to the amp. but the light still isn't coming on. i havent double checked the remote wire but i didn't figure that would matter for the power light to come on. any help would really be appreciated. thanks

PlayStation3
06-02-2007, 12:05 AM
most lights come on from the remote turn on. where you getting any kind of voltaged. and what kind of head unit do you have factory or aftermarket and where is it plugged it into. ( remote turn on or auto antenna)

levsmith
06-02-2007, 07:14 PM
most lights come on from the remote turn on. where you getting any kind of voltaged. and what kind of head unit do you have factory or aftermarket and where is it plugged it into. ( remote turn on or auto antenna)

ok i didn't think the lights would come on by the remote turn on. i dont have anything to read voltage, but could i use a test light to see if there is power? i have an aftermarket pioneer head unit and it is plugged into the remote turn on. maybe the wire got cut somewhere under the carpeting? thanks for the reply

levsmith
06-02-2007, 08:49 PM
hey thanks for the info i checked the remote turn on and it got cut when i put the back seat on. it is bumpin good now. man i was about to give up.

PaulD
06-02-2007, 09:42 PM
the remote wire is the on/off switch for the amp. You're actually lucky the remote wire didn't short out and burn a trace out on the cd player circuit board. Any time you run wire thru a metal slot put some wire loom tubing on it to prevent that (or at least tape up the bundle where it goes thru).

Add your comment to this topic!