Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Mooing Sound

gdcastro
06-01-2007, 02:34 AM
Hi!

Does anyone else notice an occasional "Mooing" sound that is coming from the rear side of the Venture?

I hear this sometimes though there is no pattern. The sound is like a high-pitched moo similar to the sound that a toy rod makes.... a rod that has a sliding whistle inside that emanates sound when you move the toy rod up and down.

Wierd.

base11
06-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Rear air shock pump maybe?

gls02
06-01-2007, 04:05 PM
Does this mooing sound happen only when you are moving? If so, try moving the roof crossbars forward/back if you have them.

gdcastro
06-01-2007, 11:30 PM
I dont have a roof crossbar. It seems to happen at low speed when coming to a halt or when im slowly moving in bumper to bumper traffic. I think it also happens when i just stopped suddenly, not gradually, with or without applying the brakes.

I first thought it was the brake system vacuum releasing pressure, but it happens even when im not stepping on the brakes nor had the parking brakes engaged.

Someone told me that its the airconditioning system? Something to do with the pressure of the freon.

Dunno, its wierd but it does appear to have any effects on the van.

Let me know if you guys have any more ideas about it. thanks! :)

iceman2
06-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Maybe she needs milking. lol!

Seriously, though, I'd bet you need to replace your brake rotors.

gdcastro
06-03-2007, 05:01 AM
Haha!

Well, i found out what it is. Its the rear aircon evaporator's expansion valve. Dunno why but that was it. I ran the engine for 20 minutes inside my garage waited for it and it came. I traced it to the evaporator at the rear. My mechanic confirmed it as well.

Hehehe. Fyi to all that may also experience hearing a cow inside their vans.

cheers!

'97ventureowner
06-03-2007, 01:01 PM
Haha!

I ran the engine for 20 minutes inside my garage waited for it and it came. I traced it to the evaporator at the rear. My mechanic confirmed it as well.

Hehehe.
cheers!
Sure hope you had the door opened during this time or had some ventilation:lol:(obviously you did as you were able to come back here and post what you discovered.)Glad to see you found out what was causing the sound.

gdcastro
06-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Sure hope you had the door opened during this time or had some ventilation:lol:(obviously you did as you were able to come back here and post what you discovered.)Glad to see you found out what was causing the sound.

Hehe, didn't have the garage door open at first so I think I saw a cow inside the van. :iceslolan

Actually my garage is not enclosed, and it opens to the garden so ventilation is good. Its good though that the sound came out relatively fast coz the overhead console started at a gas range of 310km, after i was done with tracing the sound, the range was down to 295km.

Goodtimes!!!

Add your comment to this topic!